Black Metal.

Which album?

As for Nokturnal Mortum, I have Lunar Poetry, Twilightfall, Return Of The Vampire Lord/Marble Moon, and The Taste Of Victory. It's not worth asking where to go next since the obvious answers would be Goat Horns and Weltanschauung, but what are Nechrist and To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire like? How do they compare to the ones that I have?

Check out Mayhemic Truth too, of course. And then buy all of their albums. My personal favorites are Mayhemic Truth's "In Memoriam" and Morrigan's "Plague, Waste, And Death," "Headcult," and, most controversially I'm sure, "Welcome To Samhain." "Welcome To Samhain" I'm sure is on the bottom of most people's lists, but I like it quite a bit. "Plague..." is almost entirely pure Under The Sign/Blood Fire Death worship, and Headcult is pure Hammerheart worship, but still maintaining the harsh vocals.

Plague, Waste and Death is my favourite Morrigan album, almost solely for the last track, 'Where the Angels Keep Silence'. Epic beyond words.

As for the Nokturnal Mortum albums in question, they're easily the band's roughest and most aggressive albums. To the Gates... is very drum and riff oriented, while the folk elements play a lesser part. Someone earlier noted that 'On the Moonlight Path' is one of their strongest songs and I completely agree. NeChrist is chaotic, raw, violent, and has really shit production. It harbors some excellent songs (Black Raven, Perun's Celestial Silver, Night Before the Fight) but overall sounds pretty rushed and often incoherent. It was the album that truly got me into the band but I now see it as their weakest offering (Besides Lunar Poetry, which never held my interest). Goat Horns trumps them all.

Check out Mayhemic Truth too, of course. And then buy all of their albums. My personal favorites are Mayhemic Truth's "In Memoriam" and Morrigan's "Plague, Waste, And Death," "Headcult," and, most controversially I'm sure, "Welcome To Samhain." "Welcome To Samhain" I'm sure is on the bottom of most people's lists, but I like it quite a bit. "Plague..." is almost entirely pure Under The Sign/Blood Fire Death worship, and Headcult is pure Hammerheart worship, but still maintaining the harsh vocals.

Will do. :)

need to give goat Horns another chance. It was far to keyboard driven for my tastes the few times I have given it a spin.

I only have Twilightfall, which is excellent but I'm not sure if I'd consider it black metal. There's a much heavier reliance on rythmic (aka death metal) riffing in most of the songs.

Hey, everyone has thier own opinions! :D

What about December Wolves? I only have thier first CD, I like it a lot.

I haven't got a chance to hear Blasterpiece Theatre but I hear it's somthing different.