Black Metal.

So I am listening to Morrigan for the first time right now. I like it a lot.
:kickass:

and Headcult is pure Hammerheart worship, but still maintaining the harsh vocals.
such a good cd. Holy shit, Crom Cruach is a damn good song

The only Morrigan I've heard is Celts and Welcome to Samhain. Celts is great, but Welcome to Samhain didn't impress me that much
the new one is pretty good. more bm than some of the others

I just listened to Det Som Engang Var for the first time tonight and I have to say it was worth forking over the 20 dollars. The album just got better with each song. "Lost Wisdom" has become one my favorite Burzum songs with just one listen. I can see how Hvis... was natural progression from the work on this album, which sound like more standard black metal mixed with the atmospheric stuff found on later albums.

Any fans of USBM must listen to this album to fully appreciate where it all came from.

I just listened to Det Som Engang Var for the first time tonight and I have to say it was worth forking over the 20 dollars. The album just got better with each song. "Lost Wisdom" has become one my favorite Burzum songs with just one listen. I can see how Hvis... was natural progression from the work on this album, which sound like more standard black metal mixed with the atmospheric stuff found on later albums.

Any fans of USBM must listen to this album to fully appreciate where it all came from.

God yes. This is probably one of the greatest black metal albums ever conceived. I also enjoyed the tasteful use of keyboard tracks and the utterly memorable riffs.

Speaking of USBM, check out I Shalt Become's Wanderings, probably the best example of pure Burzum worship and a staple in the formation of the USBM scene. The 2006 reissue features a cover of "En Ring Til AA Herske" which is quite good.

Speaking of USBM, check out I Shalt Become's Wanderings, probably the best example of pure Burzum worship and a staple in the formation of the USBM scene. The 2006 reissue features a cover of "En Ring Til AA Herske" which is quite good.

I listened to that in the car with cookiecutter in a huge traffic jam on I-95. Didn't get much out of it, but I guess it wasn't the right setting...

I have it uploaded from him, so I'll listen soon in a more appropriate setting.

I listened to that in the car with cookiecutter in a huge traffic jam on I-95. Didn't get much out of it, but I guess it wasn't the right setting...

I have it uploaded from him, so I'll listen soon in a more appropriate setting.

Yeah, I don't think traffic is the best place to absorb an album like that. I do think you should give it another go.

Yeah, I don't think traffic is the best place to absorb an album like that. I do think you should give it another go.

Will do. But I've still got Blut Aus Nord's TWWTG and a Profanum album to listen to. I wonder what's a good setting to hear that BAN album, in complete darkness?

profanum is quite good if you like classical black metal. the only real symphonic bm album of theirs is Misanthropia FLoris (sp?). the other two, which are better are pure classical music with bm vocals. very eerie stuff

Terrible band, and I'm hard pressed to call them a black metal band.
Agreed

I love this album. I have the reissue.

profanum is quite good if you like classical black metal. the only real symphonic bm album of theirs is Misanthropia FLoris (sp?). the other two, which are better are pure classical music with bm vocals. very eerie stuff
I don't know if I'd say "pure classical music", more like "gothy synth music."

I've got Musaeum Esotericum, so I'll be expecting quite an interesting listening experience. I love classical music, and reviews say this album is black metal played with all classical instruments. Sounds pretty cool.