Black Metal.

Blackened thrash is thrash with black vocals.

It doesn't at all have to sound like black metal in the other categories.

eh, I'll give them another spin and see if I like it.

on another note, which Ulver album do you people think is better?

Bergtatt or Nattens Madrigal?

Could someone recommend me some black metal in the vein of Hirilorn's Legends of Evil and Eternal Death? This is great shit!

Osculum Infame - Dor-Nu-Fauglith

Probably the most underrated French Black Metal Band. (With Hirilorn 2nd)

it sounds too contrived. not natural or pure
Yeah, I've always been a bit suspicious of this one. It came out in 1997, right? It certainly wasn't offering anything new by then. For some guys who had a lot of creativity and talent, NM's lack of creativity is conspicuous. I can see that people might just like it for the riffs and atmosphere, but I don't see anything too special in the album.

I agree with this, but then again, there are some people with impeccable taste that don't, so it's hard to say.
Shouldn't be too hard to say, if you've listened to it sufficiently and made up your mind about it.

I haven't listened to NM in a very long time. It's too hard on the ears and I don't see myself wanting to listen to it often. An album which serves as a good introduction. I guess, for people wanting to get into raw BM since musically it's quite simple and easy to get a hang of, if you're able to penetrate the scrape.

Nattens Madrigal seems to be the ultimate distillation of all that is worthless about black metal. It's amazing that Ulver would become such a great group in the electronic realm when they were capable of producing something as worthless as that album. Perhaps it was intended as a joke?

Nattens Madrigal seems to be the ultimate distillation of all that is worthless about black metal. It's amazing that Ulver would become such a great group in the electronic realm when they were capable of producing something as worthless as that album. Perhaps it was intended as a joke?
I think the first two albums from their famous trilogy are great. Ulver have always been a chameleon band, and with each release tried to assimilate into what was popular at the time. No wonder they went electronic at this day and age. I'll have to listen to their recent works some more. Don't know what to make of them yet.