Black Metal.

I can't get what's so great about Sigh. Maybe I need to give it another try.

Has somebody heard this russian splited-up band Molot Vedim? Pretty good melodic bm.

I think Alcest is overrated because of the never-ending praise from total fanboys. I remember back when the new album came out, you had multiple people on metal-archives for example giving the album 100% as if it was the greatest album of all-time. Hell, you even had people saying the it was 'album of the year' before they had even heard it, months before it was even released.

This is the case with any band, they are perceived to be overrated if there are people who are overrating them in the first place.

The explosion of sound following the "choir" section of Carnal Malefactor is insane. I love it.

I made the mistake of listening to that while driving at night. I nearly swerved into a telephone pole (it was only the second time listening to the album).

On the topic, am I right in guessing that Inquisitors of Satan is a more worthy pickup than Infernal Battles?

I still haven't heard the new Alcest album. I'm interested in hearing it, but not at all expecting to go completely apeshit over it.

As for DSO, yes, I would say that Inquisitors is more "worthy," especially for you. Infernal Battles is much more raw and less refined.

Am I one of the only people around here that thinks Ordo Ad Chao is fucking excellent?

I really enjoy this release and it didn't seem to be to well liked around here, or at least not mentioned very often.

I haven't even heard it yet. After the disaster that was 'Chimera', i thought it prudent to just let it be. Can anyone else vouch for its quality?

It is very different than the Maniac shit. It is by no means an essential album or a classic, but I enjoy listening to it each time. Plus, Attila is great.

Am I one of the only people around here that thinks Ordo Ad Chao is fucking excellent?

I really enjoy this release and it didn't seem to be to well liked around here, or at least not mentioned very often.

I've only listened to it once or twice and I haven't gotten much out of it, but I'm still hopeful it will grow on me. The "necro" production certainly doesn't help.

I don't get the hate for the production. I love it. Listening to it in bed at night, it sounds very claustrophobic and parts of actually make me feel uneasy.

I don't get the hate for the production. I love it. Listening to it in bed at night, it sounds very claustrophobic and parts of actually make me feel uneasy.

I just think the album could have sounded much better with a DMDS-style production. Not cleanly produced, but still competent enough to make it pleasing to listen to.

On to Blut Aus Nord, I gave TWWTG its first go last night and I was very satisfied with what I heard. The ambient/disturbing parts didn't seem necessary except for building suspense before the sudden blasts of the metal-focused songs, which I enjoyed very much. I would describe what I heard as a less complex SMRC with more of an industrial vibe. I thank whoever recommended it to me in my "Industrial Black Metal" thread.

No, I enjoyed very much. It got a good 15 or spins.

On to Blut Aus Nord, I gave TWWTG its first go last night and I was very satisfied with what I heard. The ambient/disturbing parts didn't seem necessary except for building suspense before the sudden blasts of the metal-focused songs, which I enjoyed very much. I would describe what I heard as a less complex SMRC with more of an industrial vibe. I thank whoever recommended it to me in my "Industrial Black Metal" thread.

You're welcome. ;)

I haven't even heard it yet. After the disaster that was 'Chimera', i thought it prudent to just let it be. Can anyone else vouch for its quality?
I haven't been interested in a note they've written since DMDS but I found the new one engaging. Not very conventional sounding, obscure aura, etc. - although I'm not sure yet if anything lies beyond the mysterious surface.