Black Metal.

might have been talked about allready idk (theres like 260 pages in this damn thread, the fricken holy grail could be lost somewhere in here lol) but has anyone heard the newest marduk album i liked it quite a bit mostly cus of the vocals which i liked best in limbs of worship and accuser/opposer.
basicaly i wanna hear some other opinions on it

I enjoyed several aspects of the album, the vocals being one of them. The production is well-suited to the more violent breed of black metal the band produces. The guitars are razor sharp but have a full sound from the rhythm section to back them up. Also of note, which is probably what is most cause for praise of the album, is the fact that we now see what Marduk is capable of when every song isn't a three-minute blast-beat volley (like on Panzer Division Marduk). The more varied drumming opens up a darker side to Marduk that couldn't be seen behind the veil of rapid snare hits.

and about the enlightenment with deathspell omega, i havnt heard any of their stuff, what would be some good tracks to for me to check out?

"Sola Fide Pt. I", "Kénôse III" and "A Chore for the Lost" are good samples from each of their latest outputs. I haven't heard much before SMRC but what they have on their myspace sounds pretty awesome.

thanks ill try to check those all out, yea i think i like accuser/opposer mostly cus of the vocals he does at the first part with the gurgleing, he also does a lot of inhaleing and stuff like that

First Prayer is definitely the best. If DsO had a full album of stuff like that I'd probobly listen to them. I havn't heard there early albums though, only there overrated 'forward thinking black metal.'

the marduk vocals are so inferior to the work of Funeral Mist, you should seek this band instead for amazing vocalist.

ill give um a try, what are they more melodic or grim? what im tryin to say is how are they better?

im loving the Sad LEgend EP i got recently. is anyone familiar with other Jusin Productions bands such as Dark Ambition or Sunoi?

those truly "enlightened" about DsO are those that realize they really are not that good, or relevant

For a band you hate, you sure talk about 'em a lot. :loco:

I think DsO are relevant whether you like them or not, based on how much of an impact they've generated thus far. You could argue that they aren't relevant to your listening habits, but that ties in with them not being to your liking.

For a band you hate, you sure talk about 'em a lot. :loco:

that's because it's nigh impossible to escape discussion about them, as they pop up on every page. im just trying to even the battlefield, and hopefully someone will listen to me and ignore this avant garde pseudo philosophical nonsense.

that's because it's nigh impossible to escape discussion about them, as they pop up on every page. im just trying to even the battlefield, and hopefully someone will listen to me and ignore this avant garde pseudo philosophical nonsense.

Good luck! :p

First Prayer is definitely the best. If DsO had a full album of stuff like that I'd probobly listen to them.

Actually I wouldn't mind that happening either. "Third Prayer" is my favorite of the three on SMRC. That melancholy guitar riff with those medieval chants, it's beautiful. They should have put some of those on Fas... instead of those periods of essential nothingness.

I can relate with you, DsO are madly overrated.

ill give um a try, what are they more melodic or grim? what im tryin to say is how are they better?

1st they don't play generic music like marduk does, they're probably too violent for mainstream black metal fans.
2nd possesse the most ingelligent lyrics a black metal band can write.
3rd they are the originators of orthodox/religious black metal such as DSO and Watain.