Black Metal.

I've also noticed this.

Ever since Alcest's Le Secret, and especially within the past year upon their latest album there's been a sudden tendy movement of black metal fans to shoegaze. I guess shoegaze must now be Kvlt.

He's not talking about shoegaze and Black Metal, Ars mate... Lifelover is more like a fusion of "true" dark pop (Joy Division, The Cure) and Black Metal, as opposed to shoegaze (e.g. Ride) and Black Metal

... anyhow, I think Lifelover is just genius. At one point I was actually waiting for a dancier, almost New Order-ish song to come along on Pulver when I first heard it.

Nevertheless, I think Pulver is better than Erotik as well, but both albums are great on their own merits.

He's not talking about shoegaze and Black Metal, Ars mate... Lifelover is more like a fusion of "true" dark pop (Joy Division, The Cure) and Black Metal, as opposed to shoegaze (e.g. Ride) and Black Metal

Yeah I know, I've listened to Lifelover before. But he bought up a point in how "bm/pop" is increasing in popularity. So I brought up how the same thing is happening with shoegaze's sudden popularity among black metal fans. Either way, they are two styles of music foreign to black metal that have been getting much attention especially among "die hard" black metal fans - which is somewhat surprising considering the usual amount of unwillingness among fans to accept black metal-influenced bands who don't play completely 100% black metal.

new Limbonic Art just leaked.... and i'm surprised because it's actually pretty good on first listen!

new Limbonic Art just leaked.... and i'm surprised because it's actually pretty good on first listen!

Oh man....I want to download it so bad....

I don't normally download leaked albums because then I feel no incentive to actually buy them. But this once, I think I'll go for it, because I know for sure I'm getting the album no matter what.

Can you tell me where to find this leak?

EDIT: found it!

My lord this album is fantastic. My optimism was rewarded despite the downcast hopes set by "Lycanthropic Tales" when it was released during the summer. The first couple tracks seemed to confirm those predictions, but then comes the opus "Infernal Phantom Kingdom" and my jaw just drops. From that song, the rest of the album simply soars over all my expectations. The synth-work is a bit buried but where its used, its just glorious.

The best part of this album is how they seemed to incorporate little elements from each of their previous albums, from the mournful chimes of Moon in the Scorpio, the choral intros of In Abhorrence Dementia (just listen to "Twilight Omen", then "Abyssmal Necromancy comes to mind), to the majesty of Ad Noctum, and as expected, the relentless ferocity of The Ultimate Death Worship. Certainly this album is aptly titled.

Indeed, this is a big step up from their previous album, and is well on par with the rest of their discography. Those years of hibernation paid off and refreshed these two musicians' creative integrity and they penned another masterpiece of symphonic black metal art. Bravo, Limbonic Art, now tour the U.S. for Christ's sakes!