Black Metal.

Since no one mentioned Dimmu Borgir, I'd like to throw that one in. They're symphonic black metal, and easily one of the most accessible black metal bands. They're what got me into the genre.

Good albums of theirs to start with:

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Spiritual Black Dimensions

fixed.

PEM isn't a good introduction because it's way too overproduced and lacks many elements integral to black metal. SBD at least has atmosphere and simpler song structures.

They want to listen to Filosofem, but don't want to support an evil nazi! :dopey:

Also, Mother North is a pop metal song. For the ultimate Satyricon, listen to 'Into the Mighty Forest' and 'King of the Shadowthrone'.
Both are great songs, but I do prefer Deep Castle in The Dark Forest to Into The Mighty forest. And Satyricon has made great songs on all of thier albums(I havent heard much off Rebel though so that doesnt count) but that's one of the reasons I'm such a big fan of Satyricon, they made great music in both phases of thier career.

llamaking, your sig makes me wish I was dead. Holy shit.

Back on topic.

I listened to Hordanes Land for the first time in a long wwile today, and damn, that Enslaved side kicks ass.

Not bad. Was it one of those "Two From the Vault" things? That's how got into Suffocation.

I'm not a fan of combining albums Roadrunner has been doing with their classic bands. I like my albums to be separate entities not combined in a "2 for 1 special deal!" It's making it harder and harder for me to buy those albums..

I'll tell you what's more annoying: when you already had one of the albums and can only find the other in the 2-for-1 form (I had this problem with Obituary). Granted, the upside is you get 2 recordings for the price of one, but it's still kind of annoying. It's like my balance has been thrown off.

Black metal is sick.:headbang: Some bands I listen to: Abigor, Agalloch, Ancient Rites, Burzum, Bal-Sagoth, Wolven Ancestry, Dark Funeral, Dissection, Samael lol , Satyricon, Hecate Enthroned, Old man's child, Ensiferum, Naglfar, Finntroll,Gorgoroth...could go on for awhile.

I need a quick rec, Black Metal with Viking Myth lyrics, no Viking Metal with a folky sound, lyrics have to be in english.

EDIT: Posted here since this thread gets more traffic.