Black Metal.

Mother North is a pop metal song. For the ultimate Satyricon, listen to 'Into the Mighty Forest' and 'King of the Shadowthrone'.

finally someone agree with me, Nemesis Divina sounded too much "rock&roll commercial" to me, Shadowthrone is their masterpiece!

Regarding Satyricon:

I really like the material on Nemesis Divina best but I think as a whole album it could be stronger. I personally feel it features Satyr's best vocal performance and tracks like the first one are excellent. Dark Medieval Times is also a great album, as is the under-appreciated Rebel Extravaganza. The Shadowthrone has some good moments, but I'd place it my fourth favourite Satyricon release.

As for their new direction, I don't mind it but I think their former style/sound on any previous album is a lot better. Volcano is fairly good, and Now, Diabolical is of average quality.

Vidsyn is such shameless Immortal (At The Heart of Darkness era) worship. It's not bad, but it's almost unbearable how stolen the sound is.

Vidsyn is such shameless Immortal (At The Heart of Darkness era) worship. It's not bad, but it's almost unbearable how stolen the sound is.

Never heard them...but I remember a band called Rimfrost. They are actually pretty good and essentially make Immortal-esque music. I can only assume they are a tribute band making 'original' music, but yeah same lyrical themes, and music-wise they are like the more recent Immortal (At the Heart of Winter/Damned in Black).

where the hell can I get Sigrblot - Blodsband (Blood Religion Manifest)

I know where to get the vinyl. Not sure about the CD right now. If you do a search of RC you may find the old post where J. posted a link to a place that was selling it. Nordiska Forlaget is out of stock, but I know there are other places somewhere. One was some crazy White Power webpage if I remember correctly.

The album is worth looking for.

Regarding Satyricon:

I really like the material on Nemesis Divina best but I think as a whole album it could be stronger. I personally feel it features Satyr's best vocal performance and tracks like the first one are excellent. Dark Medieval Times is also a great album, as is the under-appreciated Rebel Extravaganza. The Shadowthrone has some good moments, but I'd place it my fourth favourite Satyricon release.

As for their new direction, I don't mind it but I think their former style/sound on any previous album is a lot better. Volcano is fairly good, and Now, Diabolical is of average quality.
Nemesis Divina is really good, it's so close to being a perfect album but doesn't quite get there, I think I prefer Dark Medieval Times as a whole better than Nemesis Divina, and Now, Diabolical is a really good CD as well, but I think I prefer Nemesis Divina overall to Now, Diabolical.

Regarding Satyricon:

Now, Diabolical is fantastic. Nemesis is excellent, as is Volc and Shadow