Black Metal.

Right, and I'm sure they live in a house alone in the woods somewhere...

Really, fuck trendy BM...I probably won't even listen to this now. Diadem Of 12 Stars was a decent album, but still...

Right, and I'm sure they live in a house alone in the woods somewhere...

Really, fuck trendy BM...I probably won't even listen to this now. Diadem Of 12 Stars was a decent album, but still...

Yea, the whole house in the woods is total shit. Give it a try. This is really a great,smart and interesting record.

Why the fuck do people ask "what are some good bands from X country?", as if fucking matters what country a band comes from.

On that note, anyone know of any good BM bands form Djibouti?

To answer your question Evil? I think there are two reasons. One, which I often ascribe to, is that people like to collect CDs from obscure places, just like they like obscure bands in general. I like the fact that I have a CD from a band from Singapore.

Another reason is that in Black Metal traditional folk elements are often added from the country of origin and people often like this. I guess an example would be Negura Bunget.

Die Toten Kehren Wieder Mit Dem Wind is just terrible. I heard some stuff a day ago. Why cant black metal bands learn how play guitar.

I'm still amazed that people view you as a credible poster, as if people have forgotten that you used to be newblackways, or that Belligerent was RIPDime, or that Dave was Chuck Schuldiner >>>>>>>>> God or whatever it was. Name changes to something less completely stupid doesn't raise one's intelligence.

Occult Black Metal

Occult black metal is where it's at. I've got to check a few of those, there are some names in there I've never seen before. Any album recs in particular from these:

Agatus
Resuscitator
Proclamation
Apokalyptic Raids
Diocletian
Blasphemophagher
Alioth
Teitanblood

?

Die Toten Kehren Wieder Mit Dem Wind is just terrible. I heard some stuff a day ago. Why cant black metal bands learn how play guitar.

lmao

WTF?

I listened to two entire albums of his last night and I'm still impressed with his emotive guitar playing.

Occult black metal is where it's at. I've got to check a few of those, there are some names in there I've never seen before. Any album recs in particular from these:

Agatus
Resuscitator
Proclamation
Apokalyptic Raids
Diocletian
Blasphemophagher
Alioth
Teitanblood

?

Well a few of those bands only have very little material out at this point, so I'm hoping great things from them in the future...actually, most of them.

Agatus - The Weaving Fates
Resuscitator - Iniciation (their only worthy material, the line-up changed drastically after this album)
Proclamation - Advent Of The Black Omen (Blasphemy worship, they should have a new one out by year's end)
Apokalyptic Raids - Only Death Is Real (Hellhammer worship)
Diocletian - Demo 1: 2005 demo (their only output thus far)
Blasphemophagher - Hellish Assault/Cult Of Nuclear Hell (split with Bestial Raids)
Alioth - Channeling Unclean Spirits demo (only output)
Teitanblood - Genocide Chants To Apolokian Dawn demo

Never got into Bal-Sagoth. I've had the impression that it's too overdone even for my tastes. Can you prove me wrong?

Imo they are pretty good and unique, fans of Summoning tend to like them..... still they are quite different bands.

my first album was Battle Magic.... you might give a try to this one........ or maybe the 2006 one, which was quite good imo.

Imo they are pretty good and unique, fans of Summoning tend to like them..... still they are quite different bands.

my first album was Battle Magic.... you might give a try to this one........ or maybe the 2006 one, which was quite good imo.

They're all very good..Power Cosmic might be the best, but I love Chthonic Chronicles, BM, Atlantis Ascendant, and Starfire

Well a few of those bands only have very little material out at this point, so I'm hoping great things from them in the future...actually, most of them.

Agatus - The Weaving Fates
Resuscitator - Iniciation (their only worthy material, the line-up changed drastically after this album)
Proclamation - Advent Of The Black Omen (Blasphemy worship, they should have a new one out by year's end)
Apokalyptic Raids - Only Death Is Real (Hellhammer worship)
Diocletian - Demo 1: 2005 demo (their only output thus far)
Blasphemophagher - Hellish Assault/Cult Of Nuclear Hell (split with Bestial Raids)
Alioth - Channeling Unclean Spirits demo (only output)
Teitanblood - Genocide Chants To Apolokian Dawn demo

Thanks, with there being so much out there to check out and having so little time these days I have to just make lists and check things off as I go.