Black Metal.

What ever answer I think of probably has this in it somewhere:

--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--
--8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8--
--9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9--
--9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9--
--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--
---------------------------------
I'll have to play that sometime. War sounds more like a death metal riff than a black metal riff, I do like it though.

Where should I start with Falkenbach? Everything I've heard by them so far is excellent so I'm not sure which album would be the best to start with.

I started into Falkenbach with ...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri... , and it's very good. I think I would rather start with Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty, though, because Vanadis is probably his best song overall.

I started into Falkenbach with ...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri... , and it's very good. I think I would rather start with Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty, though, because Vanadis is probably his best song overall.

Are these significantly different or better than Heralding? It's the only one I've heard.

DSO is the only band that uses real drums and has long songs obviously

Katharsis, Drudkh, Ruins of Beverast, etc... yeah only DSO :S

jeez people don't understand anything these days... I never said Mutiilation ripped DSO.... only that Willy and Hasjarl are close friends and both albums have the same productions.

Where should I start with Falkenbach? Everything I've heard by them so far is excellent so I'm not sure which album would be the best to start with.

...En Their Medh Riki Fara... is my personal favourite. It contains the greatest Falkenbach song, and one of the best Folk/Black Metal songs ever: 'Heathenpride'.

In saying that, all his albums are excellent.