Black Metal.

It seem's like all I have been listening to for year's now is black metal..

Darkthrone is definitely my favourite, as they are a really big influence to me. But I also enjoy, all the Mayhem album's (which took a while), Gorgoroth (moreso '98+), Burzum (until '99), 1349, Satyricon, mostly early Emperor, Nordicwinter (Quebec, Ca.), Wolven Ancestry(Ontario, Can.), Ceremonial Castings, Wolves In the Throne Room, I'm really big on Shining, Drudkh, Dimmu Borgir, Belphegor, Limbonic Art, Glorior Belli (great bm from France), and Gallhammer.

Welcome to UM GMD!

currently listening to Slavland's Szepty Starych Debow. It sounds like something right up Krig's alley and for anybody else who likes their folk/pagan black metal to have a set of testicles.

Just heard the new Anaal Nathrakh:

I think it's their worse.... not really my cup of tea.... I prefered The Codex Necro and When Fire Rains Down... basically I prefered their more DMDS influenced materials.

Just heard the new Anaal Nathrakh:

I think it's their worse.... not really my cup of tea.... I prefered The Codex Necro and When Fire Rains Down... basically I prefered their more DMDS influenced materials.

Same. They have become boring.

One of my favourite metal songs is by Anaal Nathrakh (Do Not Speak), but almost every other song is pretty meh. I don't think I'll bother with the new album.

I feel the same way. New album, same sound.

yeah the myspace song is pretty bad (it's the last track of the album too). I'll try and upload a track tomorrow and get it to you for a better opinion

Beherit fans, lately I've been listening to Drawing Down the Moon, trying to understand what makes it so special and I actually quite enjoy the ambient parts of songs and the interludes on the album and was wondering if Electric Doom Synthesis was in a similar vein and is it better than the BM album?
The rest of DDTM sounds so far like Plastic Evil Unholy Shit, (the vocals are really good though), but I'll keep on trying, seeing how the album's most rabid fans describe it as an experience not to be missed.

Beherit fans, lately I've been listening to Drawing Down the Moon, trying to understand what makes it so special and I actually quite enjoy the ambient parts of songs and the interludes on the album and was wondering if Electric Doom Synthesis was in a similar vein and is it better than the BM album?
The rest of DDTM sounds so far like Plastic Evil Unholy Shit, (the vocals are really good though), but I'll keep on trying, seeing how the album's most rabid fans describe it as an experience not to be missed.

Well, keep listening until you like it. EDS is also excellent eventhough the second half might put you to sleep.

Yea, I actually saw both of the band's ambient albums sold in a 2 for 1 package, so I might pick them up next time. I heard that that the H418...album isn't that good, however.

I don't know why but while the whole album sounds evil, it comes off as pretty goofy in a way. Also, isn't that the archetypical release that popularized the trend of bedroom black metal bands? I'll probably end up buying the record anyway, even if I don't "get" it. You know, to intimidate the neighbors and door-to-door beggars, haha.

Yea, I guess. But this release in particular simply screams: "oh, let's just record something very sinister for the heck of it", but it fails to evoke anything beyond that. Whatever the underlying complexity behind it might be, I just don't see it yet.