Black Metal.

I wonder if he does anything besides vocals and/or lyrics for DsO though. I think it's pretty safe to say he no longer plays the drums, assuming he did at all on SMRC and Kenose. He probably doesn't have much say as far as touring goes. It doesn't seem likely considering the image the band has presented.

I wonder if he does anything besides vocals and/or lyrics for DsO though. I think it's pretty safe to say he no longer plays the drums, assuming he did at all on SMRC and Kenose. He probably doesn't have much say as far as touring goes. It doesn't seem likely considering the image the band has presented.

They won't tour, they're really secretive about the shit. He plays drums for Fleshpress and D.O.M. and in his own projects (Stabat Mater, Creamface, Clandestine Blaze). He is not the creative force of the band. I am pretty sure Mikko just records vocals and sends them to the band. He's very involved with true black metal and his voice is really guttural and creepy (trust me, even though he was smiling he sounded pretty disturbing), so there's no doubt he does vocals for DSO. On another note, whenever anyone asks him about it, he quickly eschews that subject for another or bluntly states "The members of DSO are not public information."

He may compose the ambient/atmospheric parts on later DSO works; I know for a fact his influence pervades into Kenose all the time!

As far as anyone knows, Shaxul (ex-Hirilorn) is the main creative force behind Deathspell Omega.

Eh, the black metal guys I know aren't that different than metalheads in general. A lot of them have wives or girlfriends, or go to school, or work normal jobs. They're not that different than the assortment of people here, except mostly older, and with more talent.

Eh, the black metal guys I know aren't that different than metalheads in general. A lot of them have wives or girlfriends, or go to school, or work normal jobs. They're not that different than the assortment of people here, except mostly older, and with more talent.

Do we even have a lot of black metal in Chicago?

They won't tour, they're really secretive about the shit. He plays drums for Fleshpress and D.O.M. and in his own projects (Stabat Mater, Creamface, Clandestine Blaze). He is not the creative force of the band. I am pretty sure Mikko just records vocals and sends them to the band. He's very involved with true black metal and his voice is really guttural and creepy (trust me, even though he was smiling he sounded pretty disturbing), so there's no doubt he does vocals for DSO. On another note, whenever anyone asks him about it, he quickly eschews that subject for another or bluntly states "The members of DSO are not public information."

He may compose the ambient/atmospheric parts on later DSO works; I know for a fact his influence pervades into Kenose all the time!

As far as anyone knows, Shaxul (ex-Hirilorn) is the main creative force behind Deathspell Omega.

I didn't think that the fact that Mikko does vocals for DSO was still in question at all. I have read an interview where he is specifically mentioned.