Black Metal.

Mayhem - Freezing Moon
Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Samael - Baphomet's Throne

I really need some stuff from them, stop reminiing me! I wish I could listen to more than one thing at a time. I have heard Samael, but I need some of their stuff one of these days. I seem to almost always be working backwards with black metal, starting with more obscure stuff & not paying as much mind to some of the bigger genre names.

I really need some stuff from them, stop reminiing me! I wish I could listen to more than one thing at a time. I have heard Samael, but I need some of their stuff one of these days. I seem to almost always be working backwards with black metal, starting with more obscure stuff & not paying as much mind to some of the bigger genre names.

Here's a video for that Samael song. I compel you to go get Ceremony of Opposites (or Bloood Ritual, as Dodens would advocate).

Last edited by a moderator:
When delaing with the best Norwegian black metal songs out of the ordinary:
Satyricon-King of The Shadowthrone, Deep Castle In THe Dark Forest and Mother North definitely qualify. Emperor-The Loss and Curse of Reverence would qualify also. I'm also sure some old Dimmu Borgir tracks such as Spellbound by The Devil qualify also.

tothegatesofblasphemousfire.jpg

My favorite BM songs:

Satyricon - Mother North
Emperor - I Am The Black Wizards
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Mayhem - Freezing Moon
Bathory - A Fine Day To Die

Some may say the last one isn't really true BM rather Viking Metal or some bullshit, but I don't give a fuck, the song is great.

RH, thanks for posting that needlessly (and annoyingly) gigantic picture of that cover art. Good thing it's actually a GOOD album, or I'd edit it to say "I'm a huge fag." ;)

^Same here, except I neevr heard the Bathory song before, I neevr really heard any Bathory other than some samples and a couple songs off a MySpace.

I'm late as fuck on Bathory too. I just started listening to them like a week ago. I got Blood Fire Death & I think it's great album. It even has a little lead playing to spice things up. Like I said it's not the purest of Black Metal definitely, but still pretty good. I'm glad I finally checked him out.

Yeah they'd sound so much better with some decent album art...

Kind of stupid remark. I meant that I thought Vindsval would do better with the visual aspect because the music is so "out-there" and finely made that I would expect some artwork that would match the great audio.

Here's a video for that Samael song. I compel you to go get Ceremony of Opposites (or Bloood Ritual, as Dodens would advocate).

I have seen that vid before. It's cool stuff & I love his guitar tone. It fits the music big fucking time. It's pretty fucking rocking Black Metal. I'll check that album out soon enough...

Yeah that album is cool, definitely rocking like you said. Nice inclusion of melodic/symphonic elements too, never too pompous or overdone.

SHOW ME DEH WAY...TO DEH BAWPHOMEHT'S THRAAWWWWWOOOONE.