Black Metal.

My favorite BM songs:

Satyricon - Mother North
Emperor - I Am The Black Wizards
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Mayhem - Freezing Moon
Bathory - A Fine Day To Die

I don't want to sound rude but...

I think you have a very cliché list, sounds like you picked the most popular songs off last-fm :S

I don't want to sound rude but...

I think you have a very cliché list, sounds like you picked the most popular songs off last-fm :S

I don't know man. You can make a hobby out of just listening to the standard Black Metal stuff alone, while not digging deep into the genre. You will still have plenty & plenty of hours of music to listen to. There is a lot of those kinds of bands out there.

I don't know man. You can make a hobby out of just listening to the standard Black Metal stuff alone, while not digging deep into the genre. You will still have plenty & plenty of hours of music to listen to. There is a lot of those kinds of bands out there.

Yea but listening to only the standard stuff will only make you mess out on a lot of the newer stuff that is really good.

You mean like the boring Xasthur?

No.

Bands are still pushing the genre into great things...

...Like........

Peste Noire
Blut Aus Nord
Katharsis
Nachtmystium
Antaeus
Striborg
Drowning The Light
Wolves In The Throne Room
Avichi
Drudkh

...and the serious amount of bands that are pushing the genre

Yea but listening to only the standard stuff will only make you mess out on a lot of the newer stuff that is really good.

Personally I find that when I only listen to more underground stuff nobody (OK maybe 1 guy) wants to talk about it & when everone is talking about Bathory & Mayhem I don't know what's going on :cry: What I said kind of referred to me in a sense.

There is good underground stuff & then there's genre staples. I need more genre staples.

Personally I find that when I only listen to more underground stuff nobody (OK maybe 1 guy) wants to talk about it & when everone is talking about Bathory & Mayhem I don't know what's going on :cry: What I said kind of referred to me in a sense.

There is good underground stuff & then there's genre staples. I need more genre staples.

Genre staples can waste money sometimes.

Folkfuck Folie>At the Heart of Winter

Genre staples can waste money sometimes.

Oh fuck yes. I usually have a pretty big varying opinion on a lot of stuff than most people have. I have kind of unique tastes at times. You can also waste your money & time on underground stuff too & you usually have to be more careful with that kind of stuff than you do with the classics.

Folkfuck Folie>At the Heart of Winter

PESTE NOIRE has no official myspace page nor any website and will never have. They are totally against that friend-seeking side of the internet BM scene (myspace, forums) and reject the exposure of their music to the undeserving masses through mp3s by so-called "fans" (myspace, youtube, lastfm, p2p).

BWAHAHAHAHAHA how the fuck do they promote themselves? I swear guys in these kinds of bands must have 2nd & 3rd jobs otherwise they wouldn't be able to eat & put gas in their cars. I've strangely enough always wondered about the financial situations of underground Black Metal bands like that. Maybe they're not that underground & I've at least heard of them, but you know what I mean.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA how the fuck do they promote themselves? I swear guys in these kinds of bands must have 2nd & 3rd jobs otherwise they wouldn't be able to eat & put gas in their cars. I've strangely enough always wondered about the financial situations of underground Black Metal bands like that. Maybe they're not that underground & I've at least heard of them, but you know what I mean.
Eh, what additional costs do they have that would need two extra jobs? It is not that expensive to have a band?

Btw, listening to underground bands and discarding classics for the sake of undergroundness is noobish behaviour, fyi. :)

I never said I discarded the more "popular" classics purposely. Don't put words in my mouth. Sure there might be something more obscure that I'll become more interested in than say Mayhem. There's still a good bit of stuff I want to get around to, & I'm sure I'm not the only person here who thinks like that.

BTW, being in a band like that usually does not pay well at all in case you didn't know. Some guys can make a living from it but many of them struggle. It can be pretty damn expensive for equipment & to recording albums as well. True, recording albums has gotten much MUCH cheaper, but some of these guys still put a good little bit of money into recording their albums.

BTW, being in a band like that usually does not pay well at all in case you didn't know. Some guys can make a living from it but many of them struggle. It can be pretty damn expensive for equipment & to recording albums as well. True, recording albums has gotten much MUCH cheaper, but some of these guys still put a good little bit of money into recording their albums.
The thing is that bands in that category usually don't try to make a living of their music so they usually have an income besides the music and thus not really struggling too much with the finances. There are alot of underground labels that helps too. I know several bands personally and some are still in school and they still have no problem getting their albums out.

Btw, the underground comment wasn't really directed at you personally, I just generally got that vibe from alot of posts on the last page. :)