Black Metal.

You're very biased against rap, and if you were to listen to some underground/or just good rappers such as Jedi Mind Tricks (More so only The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological, And Electro-Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness, but whatever), GZA, Del Tha Funkee Homosapian, Common, General Patton vs The X-ecutioners, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Wu-tang Clan, NWA, Busdriver, etc rather than 50 Cent, Dem Franchize Boyz, Lil Jon, Young Jeezy, Petey Pablo, Young Buck, etc then you would realize that rap isn't just for the mass entertainment of those without brains.

@Wires & Waves: Since this is an appropriate thread to ask this, why do you think Sacramentum suck? I was just curious because their first album is something I had thought you would like, seeing as you tend to like the more "artistic" albums in metal... but I was surprised when you said in a thread awhile back that you thought they sucked. Or were you just not being serious?

You're very biased against rap, and if you were to listen to some underground/or just good rappers such as Jedi Mind Tricks (More so only The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological, And Electro-Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness, but whatever), GZA, Del Tha Funkee Homosapian, Common, General Patton vs The X-ecutioners, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Wu-tang Clan, NWA, Busdriver, etc rather than 50 Cent, Dem Franchize Boyz, Lil Jon, Young Jeezy, Petey Pablo, Young Buck, etc then you would realize that rap isn't just for the mass entertainment of those without brains.

At first glance I thought you had put that last list under "underground/or just good rappers" :lol: .

You know who is a fuckin' good rapper? Daniel Gildenlow!
Spitfall! \m/

Regardless if underground or not still sounds like rap and it all has similiar characteristics,etc... It's not a valid form of music to me and no one is going to change my mind.

Regardless if underground or not still sounds like rap and it all has similiar characteristics,etc... It's not a valid form of music to me and no one is going to change my mind.

Not a valid form of music? :loco:

I'd agree with you here 90% of the time, the nature of rap makes it hard for it to truly be music of any quality, or real music. But, there are a good many exceptions (not that I like many of those exceptions, I still acknowledge them.)

You do realize it takes probably just as much skill to spit out a good flowing rhythm and to have great lyrics in rap is just as hard as it is to play guitar ...

It is a valid form of music, no one can truly deny that.

You do realize it takes probably just as much skill to spit out a good flowing rhythm and to have great lyrics in rap is just as hard as it is to play guitar ...

It never matters "how hard it is" in music, only the product counts, the music. But I agree that rap can truly be music, as long as it is nothing like the idiocy of 50 Cent.

Electronic music isn't exactly "hard" to create. It takes a great deal of compositional talent, but it isn't truly difficult to create, and it can still be a truly awesome form of music (VNV Nation \m/.)

It never matters "how hard it is" in music, only the product counts, the music. But I agree that rap can truly be music, as long as it is nothing like the idiocy of 50 Cent.

I know that doesn't matter, I'm just trying to justify things to the Greys. Yeah, I agree 50 Cent is pretty much shit.

I know that doesn't matter, I'm just trying to justify things to the Greys.

Don't even bother. I play guitar and am rly ignorant. You could try and explain to me why rap is valid until the cows come home!

I'll bet. :lol:

Coming for you you so vehemently hates ANUS, while not even understanding what nihilism is. Okai, smarty.

ANUSites, not ANUS itself. The fucking trolls and utter cunts that place spawns is the major problem.

I'll bet. :lol:

Coming for you you so vehemently hates ANUS, while not even understanding what nihilism is. Okai, smarty.

actually i'm pretty sure you don't understand what nihilism is if you don't even realize that the idea that symbols possess no inherent meaning and exist solely as containers for consensus definition and thus nothing can be 1:1 communicated to a subjective body (as we're clearly seeing right here) is a pretty fucking important element

or: if symbols possess objective meaning, why can't i communicate to you how fucking stupid you are?