Black Metal.

Yeah that's the impression I always get whenever I listen to it once in a while. Aggressive black metal is fine with me, but I don't get into that particular "brand" of aggression too often. Usually when I want that, it's more along the lines of Blasphemy, Proclamation, Revenge and such.

Blasphemy and Revenge kick ass!!

If you like Blasphemy, you're 100% guaranteed to like Proclamation, since they comepletely imitate them.

The Hail "Inheritance of Evilness" DLP is now out now. It's apparently a split release through Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions and Northern Heritage, but Nuclear War Now! Productions plans on getting some copies for North American buyers.

Nortt is standard funeral doom to me. Bands like Thergothon, Skepticism and Worship just own him so I can't be bothered with it. :>

Skepticism is too freakin depressing. I can't recall getting through Stormcrowfleet even once without wanting to turn it off halfway through. So, so plodding.Maybe this funeral doom isn't for me. Meh.

Technically, Nortt is more Black Metal than funeral doom (says Nortt himself throughout various interviews)... I can respect some people don't like his work, personally I find him to be extremely creative.

^ Indeed. He's been getting more ambient each release, but not to the point of compromising the aggression. If anything, I would have preferred crunchier production akin to what was on Ligfaerd, but again, it's no real loss. Consistent and brilliant as always.

Nortt Galgfenfrist is FUCKING MINDBLOWING!!! I fucking love this guy, yet again he CRUSHES with a level of darkness and depression no one can touch :kickass:

I just checked out a song from that. Definitely seems to have more of a dark ambient/drone vibe not unlike Northaunt or maybe Svartsinn, only harsher in that black metal way. Awesome either way.

I just checked out a song from that. Definitely seems to have more of a dark ambient/drone vibe not unlike Northaunt or maybe Svartsinn, only harsher in that black metal way. Awesome either way.
Hmm, maybe I should try the newest one then, haven't heard it yet. I mean I adore both Northaunt and Svartsinn so It can't be too bad. :)