Black Metal.

It could be just first impressions, but Battles in the North is the worst Immortal album IMO. Worse than Damned in Black and Blizzard Beasts. Not even a better production could set it above the others.

But then again, this is my first impression.

It grows on you. I got used to it pretty quick (and it is now one of my most listened-to Immortal albums), but just give it a few listens to accustom yourself to the production.

I trust you on that one, since the album did seem to get better after each song, until the last couple tracks I could measure up to Blizzard Beasts. But I still think the production will set it below anything before or after.

I got a interview with Blake Judd of Nachtmystium coming up on my blog soon! It is already done. I have to finish some other pieces before I post it.

I got a interview with Blake Judd of Nachtmystium coming up on my blog soon! It is already done. I have to finish some other pieces before I post it.

Nice! I look forward to reading that. I need to try to get interviews with some bigger names for my blog.

On another note Carpathian Forest's Morbid Fascination of Death is a good CD, I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but after a couple of listens it grew on me, I like Nattefrost's vocals as well.

How goes Operation Patchjacket?

Good so far. My Satyricon patch arrived from China today. I'll probably order more patches in a month or two, since CD's take priority and I'm planning a couple trips to concerts which will cost money. However, since I may be getting a job soon, I may be able to devote some cash to the project. I'll be using those links you sent me. Thanks again.

Which Satyricon patch did you get? There was one with a Snake in the logo from the Volcano era that was on Ebay forever, like 3-4 months straight with no bids.

The problem with the Bathory goat, the Venom Black Metal cover, and the Hellhammer logo/Apocalyptic Raids back patches is that they're so overdone that it's hard to swallow using it. I'd like to get maybe a Mercyful Fate back patch. I have one for The Gates Of Slumber, but I'm going to save that for a second jacket that I plan on making some day. I might actually just stitch that on to a regular denim jacket with no other patches, just the back patch, and wear it as a normal jacket.