Black Metal.

Listened to To the Gates of Blaphemous Fire Last Night, fresh out of the package. I couldn't wait to listen to it after the claims of its similarities to Anthems. Indeed I was quite satisfied, and some parts were giving me that rare feeling that many parts of Anthems give me.

It's a great album. It's like Anthems crossed with Hunger of Elements and Panzer Division Marduk. Not as technical as Emperor, effective atmospheric synths, and gratuitous blast-beats.

A+

Anyone ever listen to Heilig Vuur from countess? I just got a copy off black goat. I heard it was one of his best albums, i can't wait to hear it.

I need some symphonic black metal recommendations. Name the band, and please specify the best album from that band.

I need some symphonic black metal recommendations. Name the band, and please specify the best album from that band.

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symphonia
Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus
Covenant - Nexus Polaris
Crionics - Armageddon's Evolution
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions
Kataxu - Hunger of Elements
Limbonic Art - In Abhorrence Dementia or Ad Noctum: Dynasty of Death
Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Obsidian Gate - The Nightspectral Voyage
Tartaros - The Grand Psychotic Castle
Troll - Drep De Kristne
Zargof - Departure for the Cosmic Twilight

I've never been able to get into traditional black metal. It's just not my cup of tea; but I really do like some more melodic/avant-garde black metal bands. If anyone here has any suggestions for some good bands, please recommend them. To give some perspecive, I enjoy Primordial, Amorphis, Bathory (viking-era), and I've only recently gotten into Borknagar (I like what I've heard though). If anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated!

Anyone ever listen to Heilig Vuur from countess? I just got a copy off black goat. I heard it was one of his best albums, i can't wait to hear it.

Nope, never heard of this band.

Heilig Vuur is a phenomenal album. It's about as simplistic as Black Metal can possibly get, actually. And yes, it is one of his better albums, up there with The Return Of The Horned One, Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam, and Blazing Flames Of War.

I've never been able to get into traditional black metal. It's just not my cup of tea; but I really do like some more melodic/avant-garde black metal bands. If anyone here has any suggestions for some good bands, please recommend them. To give some perspecive, I enjoy Primordial, Amorphis, Bathory (viking-era), and I've only recently gotten into Borknagar (I like what I've heard though). If anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated!

Spite Extreme Wing / Dissection / Thyestean Feast / Windir / Cor Scorpii / Krohm.

if you enjoy Primordial, then you should definitely check out Geasa and Mael Mordha

Listened to To the Gates of Blaphemous Fire Last Night, fresh out of the package. I couldn't wait to listen to it after the claims of its similarities to Anthems. Indeed I was quite satisfied, and some parts were giving me that rare feeling that many parts of Anthems give me.

It's a great album. It's like Anthems crossed with Hunger of Elements and Panzer Division Marduk. Not as technical as Emperor, effective atmospheric synths, and gratuitous blast-beats.

A+

Told you it was better than Lunar Poetry