Black Metal.

New baptism album out now. Didn't hear anything about a new one coming out so its kind of a surprise. I enjoyed Morbid wings of Sathanas so hopefully this one will be good..

Have you seen it leeched anywhere? I seached torrents/blogs/mIRC and found nothing yet... i'm sure it's going to be leaked this week end.

This year, Northern Heritage are releasing a Deathspell Omega CD featuring;

Follow the Dark Path (Moonblood split)
Morbid Rituals (Moonblood split)
Yells From the Abyss (Moonblood split)
Insanity Supreme (Mütiilation split)
For Fire And Void Become One (Mütiilation split)
Black Crushing Sorcery (Black Metal Blitzkrieg compilation)

to seal off the old era properly, since you know Mikko's problem with bootleggers (limited CDR of Mütiilation split going around on ebay and Black Mass records bootleg of Moonblood split).

- "On another note, does either Northern Heritage or End All Life records have any intention to rerelease the Deathspell Omega/Mütiilation split on CD format?
I've read your disagreement with people paying so much for albums on Ebay that are out of print. The 10" LP has gone for over £100 ($200) quite a few times, which is more than I'd be comfortable paying for it."

- "DSO side of mutiilation split comes out early 2008. It's on NH and finalizes the old chapter of DSO including material of this split 10", split LP with Moonblood + one comp. track."

This year, Northern Heritage are releasing a Deathspell Omega CD featuring;

Follow the Dark Path (Moonblood split)
Morbid Rituals (Moonblood split)
Yells From the Abyss (Moonblood split)
Insanity Supreme (Mütiilation split)
For Fire And Void Become One (Mütiilation split)
Black Crushing Sorcery (Black Metal Blitzkrieg compilation)

Good news. This material, along with the Clandestine Blaze split, is, in my opinion, easily Deathspell Omega's best.

Which is better, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem? I've heard songs from both, I'd say Filosofem's individual songs are better but the title track Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is very good, I'll definitely be getting both but most likely Filosofem first.

About the new Code album.

A much needed general news update....

Work is continuing with full force on our second album. We are booked to mix the album in Studio Fredman in late May. This puts us in line for an autumn release....there is an end in sight now....

Our performance at the Festung Open Air in Germany this year will be the very last chance to see the 'Nouveau Gloaming' songs performed with our old line up. Once more, opportunities are fleeting, so grasp them with both hands.

We have a killer new t-shirt design available from www.cvltvs.com . It is based on the 'Nouveau Gloaming' artwork and looks stunning.....check it out.

Hopefully the Wine Of Satan II compilation should be out on Necroterror Records before too long....the finishing touches are being put to this release as I speak. A re-recorded version of the demo track 'Pollen Of Black Plume' will be included on this release which. the production on this track finally does the song justice to my ears.

Over and out....

Aort

Eagerly waiting for this release.

Which is better, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem? I've heard songs from both, I'd say Filosofem's individual songs are better but the title track Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is very good, I'll definitely be getting both but most likely Filosofem first.

For individual songs, get the s/t+Aske and Filosofem. For an album experience, I'd stick with Hvis Lyset Tar Iss. Det Som Engang Var can be taken either way...well, Filosofem kind of can too...blah.

For anyone interested in early Swedish Black Metal, I have an extra copy of Throne Of Ahaz - Nifelheim up on ebay. Please feel free to boost my sale price. :) I also have some other auctions that will most likely not interest anyone here regarding Black Metal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130196868525&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003
Cool, I liked some songs from their first CD, it didn't quite seem great to me though, but good nonetheless.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss >>>>>>>>>>> Filosofem

Filosofem is imo Burzum's weakest metal release

I thought so too at first, but nowdays I think Burzum/Aske. It feels the least like a whole album which is one thing which makes both HLTO and Filosofem so great, all songs fits perfectly together. I think Det Som Engang Var is less like that but has stronger songs then the s/t.