Black Metal.

Arckanum CDs arrived today! That was fucking fast! I guess Jon was feeling bad that the delays were so ridiculous at the plant. He probably just wanted to get the shit out of his sight, heh. They look really nice; chrome silver print on the original covers. I think that the booklets are improved too but I never saw the booklets of the originals...wouldn't know I guess. I got The 11th Year Anniversary Album in a trade also.

arckanumcollection.jpg

Never listened to Arckanum before. But I just ordered the 3 re-issues on the strength of what you two (V5 and Alter) are saying.

Good, I hope more people start getting into his work...fucking genius stuff.

Uncreation, I would've recommended checking out his Myspace (click the Arckanum pic in my sig and click his Myspace link there) for some samples but you probably don't really need to hear them...it is really mystical and epic black metal, but really raw and forest-sounding. There is nothing quite like it.

FYI to people buying the discs. The tracklisting to Kampen is different than any I've heard of before. The first disc has the majority of the tracks and the last one has like 20 minutes worth. I think FMP pressed them like that just to go with the original (funny because that was a mistake in the first place). Still, it is semi-lame because the material could've fit on one disc (73 min or so).

Also, the production to Kostogher is still the same, how it was intended; very very quiet, with the booming thunder at the end of the first track which wrecks speakers ill-prepared for the assault!

Uncreation, I would've recommended checking out his Myspace (click the Arckanum pic in my sig and click his Myspace link there) for some samples but you probably don't really need to hear them...it is really mystical and epic black metal, but really raw and forest-sounding. There is nothing quite like it.

Don't worry, I saw there was a MySpace page about, but I decided not to listen for now. I'll just wait and see how the band sounds when the albums arrive - as I highly doubt I'll be dissappointed after what's been said.

Listening now.

Really good stuff.

FYI to people buying the discs. The tracklisting to Kampen is different than any I've heard of before. The first disc has the majority of the tracks and the last one has like 20 minutes worth. I think FMP pressed them like that just to go with the original (funny because that was a mistake in the first place). Still, it is semi-lame because the material could've fit on one disc (73 min or so).
Heh I've got the original Kampen and seriously, that is the most fucked up pressing I've ever seen. 2 cds when not needed and the songs are merged together into much fewer tracks then what it should be intended. It is totally lol.

Heh I've got the original Kampen and seriously, that is the most fucked up pressing I've ever seen. 2 cds when not needed and the songs are merged together into much fewer tracks then what it should be intended. It is totally lol.

Yeah, no wonder he fucking ditched Necropolis after a while too. And they had the gall to not press 7" singles containing "single" songs from upcoming full-lengths + b-side cover songs. Homos. He was like their greatest asset!!

DSO's early stuff is good but less "mature" and more raw and rocking. It is cool and fun to listen to, but not too challenging.

i have a strange story. i couldn't get registered for this forum for months because when it asked for a date at the start i gave today's date so they thought my age was one day old. i was finally able to register for some reason. anyways i guess i just have been lurking for months and i have read this whole thread twice and have gotten tons of great metal recs. i guess i thank you all for that. it's funny because i seriously feel like i know a lot about you all.