Black Metal.

OK which Darkestrah album is better, Embrace of Memory or Epos?

oo tough call. Embrace of Memory is nice because of the individual tracks, but Epos is just ridiculously epic. And they're both loaded with riffs. Solution: get them both

as for the Login Satan thing, I only have a digital copy...not the real thing

I will take this time to point out that Sterbend-Dwelling Lifeless is one of the best black metal albums that I heave heard in a while. Fucked up vocals, and I mean FUCKED UP VOCALS! HOWLING VOCALS! Repetitive lines of melody, above average black metal musicianship and good song crafting. Seriously, if you like Xasthur,Burzum,Silencer or Draugar than check this out really fucking fast.
I love that CD. It's very atmospheric, and also quite melodic and somewhat depressive.

oo tough call. Embrace of Memory is nice because of the individual tracks, but Epos is just ridiculously epic. And they're both loaded with riffs. Solution: get them both

as for the Login Satan thing, I only have a digital copy...not the real thing

I guess I'll go with Epos since I've been meaning to get it ever since Hubster made a big deal out of it.

I see Login:SataN on eBay for a higher price than I'm comfortable paying. From what I've heard it is not as good as SolarKult, so I can wait for a cheaper copy to come up some day. Plus I have their split with Abigor to look forward to this year.

With Sterbend, I remember back a couple years I thought it was pretty good(loved the intro) but perhaps it was a bit too much on the Burzum-worship side, and I wasn't really too into the vocals - but overall I enjoyed it. I'll have to re-listen to it.

I thought this was rather rare of me to like an album of this kind, because generally, early Burzum-worship bands seems to annoy me a lot.

Dwelling Lifeless would be one of my favourite albums if it wasn't quite as long. I like long albums, it's just that I can't help but get the feeling that this one has lasted for too long a couple of songs before the end, at which point it seems to 'drag' endlessly. Which is really annoying, because it's a great album until that happens.

Dwelling Lifeless would be one of my favourite albums if it wasn't quite as long. I like long albums, it's just that I can't help but get the feeling that this one has lasted for too long a couple of songs before the end, at which point it seems to 'drag' endlessly. Which is really annoying, because it's a great album until that happens.

Thats why I skip around the songs on the album. I might listen to like three or four random tracks from that album at a time.

Black Metal is FTW!

my favorite bands within that genre are:
Immortal
Dark Forest (Canada)
Enslaved
Emperor
Antestor (yes, i am a fan of Christian Black Metal)
Frost Like Ashes
Kampfar
Nortt

to name a few.