Black Metal.

For those of you into FRENCH black metal: Celestia's album "Apparitia - Sumptuous Spectre" has been re-released (re-mixed and re-mastered) with new artwork in a digipack.

I'm a bit late in finding this thread, but it looks to be very informative. I've skimmed through the many pages so forgive me if this was covered already, but has the band Hellveto been discussed earlier? Last night I played the album "Zmierzch" and I just remembered how good it was. What caught my attention was the compositional work on the album. There are a lot of instruments layered in the songs but it doesn't get too chaotic. Also considering it's a one-man band in its truest sense (he actually plays all the instruments without help from session members) the album is well performed as well. Sadly this is my only album by Hellveto and I hope the others are also as good as this one.

LON is a fantastic musician, I've got a good amount of the Hellveto albums downloaded, as well as his work in Sarkel and Blakagir and all of it is fantastic.

I've never even heard of them... I'll have to look them up.

You'd probably really enjoy them, there are even hints of folkiness to their music. Damned good stuff.

For those of you into FRENCH black metal: Celestia's album "Apparitia - Sumptuous Spectre" has been re-released (re-mixed and re-mastered) with new artwork in a digipack.

Oh damn, awesome.

please let the drum sound not be total shit!

Excellent :kickass:

I'm a bit late in finding this thread, but it looks to be very informative. I've skimmed through the many pages so forgive me if this was covered already, but has the band Hellveto been discussed earlier? Last night I played the album "Zmierzch" and I just remembered how good it was. What caught my attention was the compositional work on the album. There are a lot of instruments layered in the songs but it doesn't get too chaotic. Also considering it's a one-man band in its truest sense (he actually plays all the instruments without help from session members) the album is well performed as well. Sadly this is my only album by Hellveto and I hope the others are also as good as this one.

Good stuff indeed.

VedBuensEnde_logo.jpg

(Apologies in advance if I mentioned Ved Buens Ende earlier).

In 1994, Ved Buens Ende was formed from the ashes of Ulver's Black Metal demise by ex-Ulver member Carl-Michael Eide.

Taking foundations rooted in second wave Norwegian Black Metal, Ved Buens Ende commute towards the realms of the avantgarde, without (what many percieve as) "Black Metal pretentiousness". The music has an element of almost post-Black Metal about it, using rock and occasional jazz styles to build upon their precise and powerful Ulver-ish Black Metal core.

Any Black Metal enthusiast should know and love this band's music, it is essential listening.

I've uploaded a taste for those of you unfamiliar with Ved Buens Ende. Enjoy.

Ved Buens Ende - "The Carrier of Wounds", taken from Those Who Caress the Pale EP, 1997.

Note: after years of hiatus Ved Buens Ende are due to record and release new material this year. http://www.myspace.com/vedbuensende

Any Black Metal enthusiast should know and love this band's music, it is essential listening.

pretty much. easily one of my top 10 favorite bands ever, and I'm so fucking excited they're making new music again.

I hope everyone here likes Temnozor'. Because they're awesome. Man, their lyrics are just great, seriously - great!

New Watain...killer.

Also, I'm excited to hear something new from VBE as well.

ALSO ALSO, whoever mentioned fucking Hellveto. SO good. The dude NEVER stops making music either!...best of all, it's ALL good!

Yep. And though I've actually only heard Stos (from 2006, that is; I've also heard In Arms Of Kurpian Phantom and one other), I can literally GUARANTEE that if his other work is any indication, ALL of his work is uber. What the fuck.

The new Watain song was really FUCKING bad... :erk:

Never heard this Hellveto stuff. What kind of black metal is it? Thrashy? Melancholic? Folky? is it 'what black metal can be?"

Haha, it is certainly what black metal "can" be. It isn't as original as Negative Plane or anything but damn. Awesome folky orchestral BM.

The new Watain song was really FUCKING bad... :erk:

Never heard this Hellveto stuff. What kind of black metal is it? Thrashy? Melancholic? Folky? is it 'what black metal can be?"

I thought the new Watain songs they put on their site were great. Not exactly in the same vein as their last album, and I knew they would make some changes just didn't know in what way. I still can't see exactly how the rest of the songs will go, but I think it's going to be fine.

In terms of Hellveto, the best way to describe them is Symphonic Black Metal. The other releases might have more of a folk leaning to it, but the one I have is defiantly stronger on the symphonic side.

EDIT: Also I remember seeing Nagelfar (Germany) was mentioned earlier. I have the album "Virus West" and I think its brilliant. The grooves placed into the riffs without loosing the speed and aggression was a big seller. Bad part is that I can't find any of the band's releases on mail-orders. I guess I'll have to go through ebay for it.

The spin off band from Nagelfar called The Ruins of Beverast are also a genius band. The only album they released entitled "Unlock the Shrine" is a great listen. The whole album is a wonderful experience that is hard to put in words. If you like doomy black metal with great ambients it's worth it.

Aye, Nagelfar is an excellent band. I only have their first two albums, and they're both very original pieces of atmospheric black metal. It's been a long time since I've spun either, but I remember preferring Hünengrab im Herbst.

George, www.redstream.org has Virus West in stock, and it's where I bought their first two albums from sometime ago. Check regularly, they'll probably come back in stock.