Black Metal.

I am seriously on a journey to destroy everyone on this forum on finding the newest and most obscure black metal bands. I keep failing.

Through Times of War is Keep of Kalessin's best, and should be considered a Black Metal classic.

And what exactly did Keep of Kalessin innovate or perfect to earn them such an award?

Funny story: Keep of Kalessin's guitarist tried to rape my mate's girlfriend a couple of years ago. She got away and smashed all the windows in the tour bus they shared with Satyricon.

Anyone know of anything similar to Mortuus, particularly their slower parts?

The members are in various bands which sounds kinda similar, ie: Ondskapt, Ofermod, Malign, and Dodfodd!(this one's really unique)

Everyone who is cool already knows about Wedard. I own the ltd. 500 version of Einsamer Winterweg in a DVD case :p

And you call me troobie, haha that's hilarious.

And what exactly did Keep of Kalessin innovate or perfect to earn them such an award?

Funny story: Keep of Kalessin's guitarist tried to rape my mate's girlfriend a couple of years ago. She got away and smashed all the windows in the tour bus they shared with Satyricon.

That first album is still their best, though.