Black Metal.

Czech Black Metal is criminally underrated, though, thankfully in the past few years at least Master's Hammer and Root have been shown some proper respect.

I should be actually getting firstpress Rituál on vynil for fucking free which is superuberawesome considering I've seen it on US ebay for like 60 USD few days before end.

Root albums are much more affordable.

My copy of the new Arckanum 7" came today. It's safe to say that the new album will be fucking awesome. This track does not show a hugely significant change in Shamaatae's style, but it is probably most similar to his work on Fran Marder sound-wise. However, there is some odd straightforward mid-paced riffing in the beginning before the song fully comes to fruition that made me think I was playing it on 33 when it was meant for 45 or something. It was kind of awkward but I've come to embrace it now. Once it gets going, the song has a great structure of straightforward black metal with his own charm, minimalistic melodies provided by what sounds like basslines and a heavy, dynamic drum sound.

And the Holy Moses cover is fucking blackthrashing bliss.

Overall, expensive as fuck especially because a French distro is the official distributor, but so worth it. The new album will be great. Also the new one, Antikosmos is only 37 minutes long, which is odd for him. However, it was recorded at Sunlight motherfucking Studios.

My copy of the new Arckanum 7" came today. It's safe to say that the new album will be fucking awesome. This track does not show a hugely significant change in Shamaatae's style, but it is probably most similar to his work on Fran Marder sound-wise. However, there is some odd straightforward mid-paced riffing in the beginning before the song fully comes to fruition that made me think I was playing it on 33 when it was meant for 45 or something. It was kind of awkward but I've come to embrace it now. Once it gets going, the song has a great structure of straightforward black metal with his own charm, minimalistic melodies provided by what sounds like basslines and a heavy, dynamic drum sound.

And the Holy Moses cover is fucking blackthrashing bliss.

Overall, expensive as fuck especially because a French distro is the official distributor, but so worth it. The new album will be great. Also the new one, Antikosmos is only 37 minutes long, which is odd for him. However, it was recorded at Sunlight motherfucking Studios.

Good. I can't fucking wait.

I was gonna do a sales plug for the distro I bought it from but two things prevent me from really doing so:

1. It was around 20 bucks shipped (not even registered air-mail, meaning if it had gotten lost he could have just said "oh sorry...whatever").

2. It seems to be completely sold out...?

BUT, never fear because the label has put the new song up for stream or download here:

http://www.debemur-morti.com/samples/Arckanum-R%f8kulfargn%fdr.mp3

It's incredibly fucking better on 180 gram vinyl but...this is good enough to sate your interest :p