Black Metal.

Dethrone The Son Of God is basically Profanatica. I haven't bothered with anything else Ledney's done under the Havohej moniker.

The first metal band I really ever liked was Burzum. I was ten years old, Im seventeen now, still love Black Metal as much as ever. Bands like Emperor, Burzum, Mayhem, Satyricon, Graveworm (not sure if actually bm), Dimmu Borgir, and Old Man's Child are amazing.

I be feeling rather dichotomous (I dont give a fuck if thats not a word) of late. I want to hear more stuff like Nortt and Alcest. But not mixed together. :)

Unknown's obscure black metal recommendation of the week:

00-the_mornings.jpg

The Morningside - The Wind, the Trees and the Shadows of the Past

Put simply, if you're a fan of Agalloch, early Katatonia or Orchid/Morningrise era Opeth, you'll love this. Somebody on here recommended it a while ago, and it was met with mildly lukewarm reception (I think me and maybe somebody else expressed interest). When I was recently perusing a distro, I decided to pick it up on a blind buy whim, and it was definitely a major score. Solid, mid paced black metal.

Unknown's obscure black metal recommendation of the week:

00-the_mornings.jpg

The Morningside - The Wind, the Trees and the Shadows of the Past

Put simply, if you're a fan of Agalloch, early Katatonia or Orchid/Morningrise era Opeth, you'll love this. Somebody on here recommended it a while ago, and it was met with mildly lukewarm reception (I think me and maybe somebody else expressed interest). When I was recently perusing a distro, I decided to pick it up on a blind buy whim, and it was definitely a major score. Solid, mid paced black metal.

This is good. I don't see how it's black metal, though. More like melodic doom to me.

Whoa, those were some awesome recommendations. Elysian Blaze, Catacombs, good shit. Battle Dagorath as well.

None were as good as Nortt though. That guy's got the corner on the fucking creepiest music on the planet.

And I can't belive I'd never heard of Amesoeurs. Good stuff. I like Forgotten Woods too.

And that The Morningside band is pretty interesting. Kind of boring, but oodles of potential. I don't know why, but I've been digging this alterna-prog-post-BM type stuff a lot recently.

Does anyone know where you can buy an original 'In the Nightside Eclipse', not the remastered version?
Thanks for any help.