Black Metal.

I'm just finishing my first listen through I Shalt Become's new album Requiem and it's really really good. It sounds like a more mature Wanderings (as it should this being over a decade after that album came out). The arpeggios are still there but they are more layered and not quite as bold as the first album. There are also really good keyboard and guitar melodies throughout the album, somewhat reminiscent of newer BM acts. I might be a little premature, but this could be one of the best USBM albums I have heard.

Some bitch I was talking to said she keeped in touch with his brother and he says it's truth. He also said that Nattramn was keeping working on Silencer stuff being there, but still haven't implemented it after he was out.

I don't believe this. Who's this girl you talk to? I want to contact her.

I'm just finishing my first listen through I Shalt Become's new album Requiem and it's really really good. It sounds like a more mature Wanderings (as it should this being over a decade after that album came out). The arpeggios are still there but they are more layered and not quite as bold as the first album. There are also really good keyboard and guitar melodies throughout the album, somewhat reminiscent of newer BM acts. I might be a little premature, but this could be one of the best USBM albums I have heard.

There's a new ISB album?! I thought the project changed name to Birkenau and then just fizzled out. Oh man I gotta hear this.

There's a new ISB album?! I thought the project changed name to Birkenau and then just fizzled out. Oh man I gotta hear this.

He sent some demos around to labels and one of them released is as "Birkenau" without his permission. Also, contradictory to popular belief, I Shalt Become and Birkenau have nothing to do with NSBM ideologies.

Oo, sounds promising. I'll have to check it out.

If you're gonna get any Setherial, that's the one I'd go for. Very reminiscent of Nightside Eclipse, and the best that I've heard from them. They kinda shifted gears on later albums. I haven't heard the latest, but Hell Eternal, for instance, sounded closer to... I dunno, Dark Funeral maybe?

There's been two ISB releases this year. A demo compilation called In the Falling Snow (I haven't heard it) and the new full length Requiem. I think you would really like Requiem. If you want I can zip it and send it to you via AIM.

There's been two ISB releases this year. A demo compilation called In the Falling Snow (I haven't heard it) and the new full length Requiem. I think you would really like Requiem. If you want I can zip it and send it to you via AIM.

That's alright man, slsk will sort me out.
I'd just resigned to ISB not releasing any more material and stopped checking, this is great news.

I now see why (M)aggot loves Arkhon Infaustus' Filth Catalyst so much, and it's much better than I had presumed. It's not constant blasting and the riffs are distinct. Yet you still feel unclean when listening to it.

And I'm half-way through Belphegor's latest, and it's on par if not better than Pestapokalypse. There's more experimentation and variety, which is always a plus, and the more traditional Belphegor elements are done very well.

Yeah it's weird how Setherial changed styles...

Same with Naglfar after Vittra. And Suspiria.

If you've got something good and slightly different going, why change it?

A lot better melodic BM, with more atmospheric touches, less death metal production value, more evocative songwriting and melodies.