Black Metal.

It's their worst. You're better off getting Through Times of War.

I'm considering writing a counter-review for TMO to the fanboy reviews that have hit the site recently for that album. That said, it's a good album, but the next step down in a declining trend since their debut.

Generic is the perfect word I'd use to describe them. Good at what they do, but I'm tired of it.

Requiem > Wanderings

why you gotta say that? i just picked some random albums i liked. i have both and they are both good. if he enjoys one he will enjoy the other. sheesh you don't always have to post your 2 cents on every topic and every comment. in order to please everyone i would have to list every black metal album ever made and i was just posting a few albums i thought he might enjoy.

:lol: at last couple pages. Fuck off to the faggots and a general hail to those who expressed their opinions (good or bad) about me...

Now that that's through...I still think the new Black Flame is really well done. It is certainly not for everyone (if you don't like death with your black, for instance, or if raw production is usually better for you, I'd steer very clear of this one)...I found it quite great though. I don't think everyone should go nuts about the stuff I recommend, unless it's slam. ;)

And Arckanum is fucking brilliant.

yeah black flame is a bit too clean and a bit to deathy for my taste. they are by no means bad, though. i'm gonna give it another spin...

and i hate how they go completely overboard with changing the u's to v's

also they sound like they worship behemoth

why you gotta say that? i just picked some random albums i liked. i have both and they are both good. if he enjoys one he will enjoy the other. sheesh you don't always have to post your 2 cents on every topic and every comment. in order to please everyone i would have to list every black metal album ever made and i was just posting a few albums i thought he might enjoy.

We're here to discuss opinions. I think that Requiem will be more worth his while, based on my own experience. When somebody asks for an opinion or recommendation, I have every right to follow through on that request. Sounds pretty fair to me.

To me they always seemed like a another Marduk-esque super-fast, blastbeat, and overtly pseudo-intelligent lyrics about satanism. Someone tell me about their past releases.
Except I find their riffs a fuckload better than those of Marduk. From what I've heard of Marduk, it sounds like they just tremolo pick random power chords over nonstop blastbeats. A lot more thought goes into Antaeus' riffs. I think I actually make like Aosoth better than Antaeus (they are basically like a somewhat thrashy version of Antaeus).

'blood libels' might be great for all i know, never heard it. but yeah it's pretty blasty actually, very chaotic and warped, combines this kind of relentless militance with some immortal influence, a bit like some of averse sefira's stuff except a lot less calculated and mechanical, more dark and primal (and better imo). they're one of those bands who manage to be violent and frantic whilst maintaining total ambience

I personally look at Antaeus fondly because they manage to play a form of black metal that I usually find soulless and mediocre due to the lack of genuine and visceral hate that I am looking for when I listen to the particular style of music. When I listen to Antaeus, the hateful atmosphere achieved through a mixture of dark, twisted ambience (spelling?) and relentless dissonant riffs doesn't seem forced at all. I've never really bothered to read the lyrics to either albums I've heard, though I could see how one would get a somewhat pretentious vibe from them.

I love the chaos feel to Blood Libels, great stuff. Gave Behexen - My Soul For His Glory a few more listens today, it's pretty good but i still think By The Blessing Of Satan is better.

Is the new Arckanum out in the states yet?