Black Metal.

I'm pretty sure he wants the latter, judging by the bands he named in his post.

more atmospheric/ambient(but not entirely--Alatyr is probably the most atmospheric that I listen to but theyre good) some can use synths and be amazing, like Windir or not like any other bands, but I didnt see that in any of ur bands Zeph, sure I myspaced songs off their albums but if they didnt have it other wouldnt I'd bet on

I've only heard Roots Thunder. I disliked it for years, but I finally played it again I think some time this past winter and enjoyed it a fair bit. I think I'll play it after The Red In The Sky Is Ours if I remember.

Any thoughts on Katharsis? Listening to a few tracks on last.fm and they aren't too bad. Might pick up 'VVorldVVithoutEnd' but wanted to get a general impression of how well their music holds up.

VVorldVVithoutEnd is excellent fucked-up Darkthrone style black metal with raucous vocals and twisted "upside-down" sounding riff structures. GREAT lyrics too...awesome album, highly recommended!

VVorldVVithoutEnd is excellent fucked-up Darkthrone style black metal with raucous vocals and twisted "upside-down" sounding riff structures. GREAT lyrics too...awesome album, highly recommended!

I can't do much except agree with this. It's a really great example of fast and chaotic black metal that truly sounds quite fucked up.

Has anyone else here heard The Funeral Pyre? I've heard them on XM Radio, they seem to be playing them a lot, but I like them. I see they're on Lamb of God's old label Prosthetic Records too.