Black Metal.

I'm surprised Malignant didn't mention Nocternity.

anyhow...I ordered the new Agalloch compilation of their demo stuff. Only $12 for the US, and I guess that includes shipping. can't wait.

This is probably old news for everyone else, but I just bought a copy of Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane" and I'm totally blown away. What a great album.

Not really. It's just about the only classic BM release that I trash a lot. I might think some other things are overrated, but I still like them to a degree. SotLB is the opposite of what I look for in melodic black metal.

Was recommended Armagedda(Swe) tonight by a friend, some pretty good stuff, reminds me of CRAFT sort of. Worth a listen if you haven't already.

Not really. It's just about the only classic BM release that I trash a lot. I might think some other things are overrated, but I still like them to a degree. SotLB is the opposite of what I look for in melodic black metal.

so you generally look for shit riffs and songwriting in melodic black metal?

Was recommended Armagedda(Swe) tonight by a friend, some pretty good stuff, reminds me of CRAFT sort of. Worth a listen if you haven't already.

Nice. Armagedda are pretty bad ass.

Have you heard Glorior Belli? I think you might like them. A few of their songs are available for listening on last.fm so give this band a shot if you haven't already.

Nice. Armagedda are pretty bad ass.

Have you heard Glorior Belli? I think you might like them. A few of their songs are available for listening on last.fm so give this band a shot if you haven't already.

Yes ma`am i have 'Manifesting the Raging Beast' and also i enjoy Obscurus Advocam. Obscurus is the other band for the guy behind Glorior Belli, you'll probably like them, check them out!

Storm of the Light's Bane rules and contrary to popular opinion on this forum I think it blows Slaughtersun and Far Away From the Sun out of the water (but they are still good).

I prefer Slaughtersun. :lol:

Dawn always tended to favour the darker, sinister melodies, rather than the outright heavy metal worship of Dissection and the upbeat tendencies of Sacramentum. Of course, all bands in question are phenomenal in their own right, and definitely among the higher echelons of everything Sweden ever produced.