Black Metal.

My Soul For His Glory is my album of the year so far.

By the Blessing of Satan is pretty much a classic, especially in terms of Finnish BM.

I love it when about 3/4 into the song, that chaotic riff is introduced, definitely best song on the album.

And yes, Drawing Down The Moon by Beherit.

The new Mgla record is for sure one of the best records released this year, and I am talking beyond just metal releases. Close to Arckanum for being the best BM record this year.

PROF2.jpg

profoct25.jpg

I was looking at those, because they are funny looking, and suddenly I noticed something weird and kinda hilarious: why do they both have a big "fuck the moon" logo on them?

Its just raw as fuck black metal; nothing more. The ambient recordings are lame and cheap sounding.

Drawing Down the Moon is their only interesting release worth checking out, but it is great for what it is. Evil as can be!

Drawing Down the Moon is their only interesting release worth checking out, but it is great for what it is. Evil as can be!

I had this album many years ago. Pretty sure I sold it. To be honest, it's probably been just as long since I've heard it and my tastes have evolved somewhat so maybe Beherit deserves a second chance.

DDTM has not aged well in my eyes. I'm sure it sounded evil as fuck when it came out, and it still holds that appeal for those who heard it 15 years ago, but it sounds tame and a little silly nowadays to me. I'm glad I checked it out for historical reasons, but I just about never listen to it.