Black Metal.

I just got Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame. I've given it another chance and it's really growing on me. I'll be looking into more Summoning soon.

I also recently checked out Hindvir's debut album. Really cool epic black metal.

Summoning has rhe following albums (not counting EPs and compilation):

- Lugburz
- Minas Morgul
- Dol Guldur
- Stronghold
- Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
- Oath Bound

I see almost every album was mentioned, which is good. I'll try getting a few albums and if I relly like them, I'll get the rest. I'm a Tolkien fan, and I like Black Metal with keyboards, so I'm pretty sure it will be a blast :kickass:

Thanks everybody for the recs :cool:

Listening to a bunch of my CDs that I've neglected for a long time. Such as Satyricon's "Volcano" which I really haven't listened to in a very long time. I know the cd is only a few years old, but what a time warp, it seems. It's better than I remember, with all of the little things on the album that I've forgotten about.

Listening to a bunch of my CDs that I've neglected for a long time. Such as Satyricon's "Volcano" which I really haven't listened to in a very long time. I know the cd is only a few years old, but what a time warp, it seems. It's better than I remember, with all of the little things on the album that I've forgotten about.
Repined Bastard Nation from that is great, though Fuel for Hatred is probably Satyricon's weakest "single/hit" they've ever made, I like it, but it had to grow on me. As opposed to KING and The Pentagram Burns, which are also great.

Well guys, i've been kind of behind on new metal releases (or bands), so i'm looking for something new to check out. Here's a frame of reference, any help will be greatly appreciated:

Blut Aus Nord, Aeternus, Deathspell Omega, Abigor, Temnozor', Aborym, Nagelfar, Windir, Anaal Nathrakh, Ulver, Negura Bunget, among others.

Well guys, i've been kind of behind on new metal releases (or bands), so i'm looking for something new to check out. Here's a frame of reference, any help will be greatly appreciated:

Blut Aus Nord, Aeternus, Deathspell Omega, Abigor, Temnozor', Aborym, Nagelfar, Windir, Anaal Nathrakh, Ulver, Negura Bunget, among others.

You should listen to Belenos if you haven't already.

Shit, dude. There've been some incredible releases lately. I would definitely recommend Setherial's Death Triumphant, Watain's Sworn to the Dark, Meridian's The Seventh Sun, Enthroned's Tetra Karcist, Teratism's Pure Unadulterated Hate and their split with Lugubre, Templi Omnium Hominum Pacis Abhas, Wolves in the Throneroom's Two Hunters, Kampfar's Heimgang, Cor Scorpii's Monument...

Some that are a little more iffy... You might like Nachtmystium's Worldfall EP and Assassins, Xasthur's Defective Epitaph, Averse Sefira's Advent Parallax and Tetragrammatical Astygmata, Enochian Crescent's Black Church, and Ajattara's Kalmanto.

You might also want to check out Kastigation on their Myspace page.

And if you've already heard all of these releases (or many of them), sorry for not being helpful.