Black Metal.

I listened to the new Watain today for the first time. From what I heard people saying about it, I was expecting it to sound like Dissection Reignchaos or something. It doesn't at all. It's still black metal and even still pretty raw.

Yea lots of people said this album sucked but when I heard it I thought it was great, however its a bit too-produced which is my only complaint.

Glad to hear more praise for the new Watain album. I'm waiting for the US release to hear anything other than the released tracks the band supplied. I've liked what I heard though.

Speaking of Darkthrone, I just listened to A Blaze in the Northern Sky on the drive home today (just after buying it) and it was amazing. Blows Under A Funeral Moon straight out of the water (mostly due to the drumming). I haven't heard much other Darkthrone but I imagine it was hard to top this offering.

Speaking of Darkthrone, I just listened to A Blaze in the Northern Sky on the drive home today (just after buying it) and it was amazing. Blows Under A Funeral Moon straight out of the water (mostly due to the drumming). I haven't heard much other Darkthrone but I imagine it was hard to top this offering.

Under A Funeral Moon, while good, sounds like a less-inspired version of A Blaze In The Northern Sky.

I'd say it's their magnum opus. I have not yet heard a Darkthrone CD better than it. :worship: