Black Metal.

Is this Cobalt band one of those "experimental" North American bands like Wold or Bone Awl that are almost completely unlistenable?

MAsm.jpg

Concerning Matchitehew Assembly

A) The venue was chosen because its 1. not a bar 2. can be all-ages 3. has a non-profit status 4. holds 500 people 5. is owned by my friend

B) I work at Metal Shaker.. be careful what you say.

C) Tickets for MA are going very quickly. There will only be maybe 20 tickets available at the door, and no weekend pass options available. I will be selling physical tickets out of Metal Shaker.. stop in if you'd like to purchase/talk shit in person.

D) Friday is the more ambient, longer-set night and Saturday is more wild in context. Many bands performing are either broken-up and getting together for this event only (i.e. ACC, Wormsblood), or are foreign and playing this fest only (i.e. Marblebog, Menace Ruine, Monarque)

Repost this everywhere: http://www.matchitehew.com/MAsm.jpg
Any other questions can be directed to matchitehew.assembly@gmail.com

-JSK

God, that is a fucking phenomenal show. Ya'll metalheads better not miss my pals in CADAVER IN DRAG or BLOODYMINDED...Solotroff will rip you a fucking new one. Have fun.

Oh and tell Nick (Silvum) "Andy from Lowell" says hi...he'll probably talk to you for an hour about black metal if you remotely look like you're into it (wearing a band shirt helps). Silvum will bore you in the best possible way, and Nick is a great man.

God, that is a fucking phenomenal show. Ya'll metalheads better not miss my pals in CADAVER IN DRAG or BLOODYMINDED...Solotroff will rip you a fucking new one. Have fun.

Oh and tell Nick (Silvum) "Andy from Lowell" says hi...he'll probably talk to you for an hour about black metal if you remotely look like you're into it (wearing a band shirt helps). Silvum will bore you in the best possible way, and Nick is a great man.

You are making me want to go to this show.

Many of the bands i want to see on MDF are touring afterwards anyhow.. a good thing.

I'm hoping the unusual manner of Matchitehew, along with the variety in rare, once only performances will prove to be successful. These are very difficult times to be holding a music festival, also.

The weekend after Matchitehew is the Gathering of Shadows. I hope to have a mighty exodus to the West proceeding the Assembly. It'll be very interesting, at very least.

Man...the more I listen to Cobalt's Gin, the more I'm impressed by it. It's an incredibly solid effort, and the growth from Eater of Birds to this is clearly evident. I think old school purists would totally jizz over it if it had a lo-fi sound to it. It will most likely end up in my top 5 for the year

I only have Landfill Breastmilk Beast and I really like the first twoo tracks... But then 30 minutes of... Noise? I find that rather irritating. Is Gin filled up with filler material too?

I'm sick of idiots mislabelling Cradle of Filth as Black Metal. I guess in Midian there was a lot of influence of black metal, but I'm talking about people who think Thornography is BM. Recent CoF is extreme gothic metal; nothing else.

Many of the bands i want to see on MDF are touring afterwards anyhow.. a good thing.

I'm hoping the unusual manner of Matchitehew, along with the variety in rare, once only performances will prove to be successful. These are very difficult times to be holding a music festival, also.

The weekend after Matchitehew is the Gathering of Shadows. I hope to have a mighty exodus to the West proceeding the Assembly. It'll be very interesting, at very least.

Hey, can you save me a ticket. I'm going to buy it this weekend.

Also Andy, CID is terrible. At least from what I heard. What do you suggest is so good?

I enjoyed that From Uterus To Landfill tape my friend Tony put out by them. It's all I've heard. I can also safely assume they are better live. I also have a solo Josh Lay CD put out on the same label and it's alright.