Black Metal.

Which...? Antikosmos was way too much of a departure from what Shamaatae does best, which is very extended, subtly melodic riffs, straightforward yet mystical song structures and an almost ritualistic atmosphere despite how "heavy" a lot of his stuff comes across (I mean, even think back to Gava Fran Trulen for this). I think ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ is a good return to somewhat more of his original style. I still think the random power electronics-esque track is stupid, but it was worse on the last one because there was literally no transition in or out of it.

It's out now, but the only place I know that has it is No Colours Records...it's 13euro, so you may want to wait for a US distro to pick it up, unless if one already has and I'm stupid

yeah, one of the years best. Decadence is my favorite track on the album. This release is much different than "estrangement" seems the terrible production and shitty drumming is gone, and the vocals are much more passionate. I'd say they are trying to create a more melodic version of "blood in our wells" the melancholic aspect is almost gone but it's still there, it doesn't hit you as hard as "blood in our wells" overall i'm happy with this release, i don't think they will ever go back to making albums like "Autumn Aurora" but if they continue making albums like this that really isnt a bad thing.

listening to some good stuff today that I haven't listened to in a while: Nox Intempesta and Raate...both of which should release new stuff. Getting hungry

edit: er, Nox Intempesta should get back together and then put out new stuff. all the other cool kids are doing it!

I find it very weird that there are no labels interested in getting NI to release the unreleased shit. Their unreleased death metal material is fucking insane.