Black Metal.

Is Mutiilation vampires of black blood pretty good/worth buying? I just saw its been reissued and wondering if I should try that album out?

It's a shame that the first two Christ Agony albums don't get enough recognition, considering they are pretty damn good.

album of the year
Vreid-Milorg.jpg

some black metal is good
especially behemoth, 1349 and nachtmystium

What a great post.

Anyway, I finally got around to hearing Black Cascade and must say, I enjoy it very much. I'm sure the scene elitists on this board will give me hell for this opinion but I really don't care. :) It's already been established that I enjoy hipster BM.

I still have not liked what I've heard from Wolves. I don't label them "hipster" (I can't, because I enjoy The Sword), but I just haven't been interested in what I've heard. I've only listened to tracks from Black Cascade and Two Hunters.

Listen to "Queen of the Borrowed Light" off of Diadem of 12 Stars from the discography of Wolves in the of the Throneroom who hail from the green green fields of Oregon in the United States of America and write songs of nature around the fire of camp.

Is anyone else getting sick of the word "of" in song and album titles? I have been ever since I played a show last year with this band called Hell's Eden and every single song in their set had the word "of" in it. Metal needs some more active voice.

Queen of the Borrowed Light is basically a medley. It's one of the least original songs I've ever heard. I think that whole first album mostly sucks. Two Hunters was actually pretty redeeming, mainly due to great production.

Krallice is a markedly superior band. More people should be listening to that.