Black Metal.

It's really well done (the new Alcest). The touring the band did following the second album clearly has helped the band get tighter musically. Neige's vocals in particular sound much stronger than they have in the past.

They were fucking amazing live, Neige's vocals were superb and I didn't expect them to be so awesome, but they were. The reaction from the crowd was insane.

The new Alcest is a very good album, no doubt, but I feel he isn't reaching the (extreme) heights of earlier albums. You know, that feeling of ecstacy in songs like Souvenir's... and Ecailles de lune p 1.

But Voyages de L'áme is a more well thought out project and has fewer drops in the quality...

It's great that Varg is being so productive now, but I kind of wish he would take his time a little more and work on creating something monumental and emotionally powerful. I know he's capable of it, but the last couple of albums, while good, have felt a little underdeveloped.

It's great that Varg is being so productive now, but I kind of wish he would take his time a little more and work on creating something monumental and emotionally powerful. I know he's capable of it, but the last couple of albums, while good, have felt a little underdeveloped.

I don't have a problem with it. It's the same approach that he had when he wrote his first few albums in a very short time span. If anything, he's probably putting in more effort this time around, and the new albums are definitely enjoyable although I do prefer his earlier stuff too.

I guess being imprisoned for such a long time has made him very anxious to record new music. I'm happy for this because both Fallen and Belus was very good records in my opinion.

no because posting links to download full albums here is discouraged. Private Messaging is cool, but I'm sure some sort of useful search engine like Google has a blogsearch function where you type in what you're looking for that has a download link

wink wink nudge nudge

Burzum was always releasing records in short time spans, even back in the early days before he killed Euronymous. so i guess he hasn't lost it yet.

If I'm not mistaken, the first four were all written and recorded at the same time. Dunkelheit (off of Filosofem) was the first song he made.

You guys should definitely should check out this band Moonfrost from Switzerland. Here's a track from their latest album.

Last edited by a moderator:
so I'm listening to the Fleurety demoes, and holy crap. No wonder their singer's vocal cords were permanently damaged

Last edited by a moderator: