Black Metal.

If you like some folk influences check these out:

Haunting flutes..
edit: some background..
This is a 1 man band from Romania, he played also with Negura Bunget @ OM album (flutes).
Check the wiki for a pretty interesting description of the band's name.

The first track I really liked. The wiki was interesting indeed. The flutes almost sounded like human voices in the middle-unless I'm a schizo, and they were really great at the end of the song. The melody is really pretty in the second song. I'm currently on a Dämmerfarben hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
hails, seeing as the faggots closed my own promotional thread, here some new sammath tracks

I just discovered The Great Old Ones. I know this isn't everyone's favorite style, but those who dig the whole "post-black" thing going on should probably check them out:

I don't get how people can call Marrow of the Spirit an innovative album when it essentially does nothing other than redo what they did previously on past albums. It is good, but definitely not innovative.

It's not innovative, but it's also far from derivative of their own previous works. That's a nonsensical claim. I've never seen anybody claim that it's innovative.

It also took me far longer to appreciate it than any of Agalloch's other albums.

I immediately connected with Marrow of the Spirit. It's my favorite album of theirs and I think it's more consistent than Ashes Against the Grain.

I agree. While I liked Ashes Against the Grain, Marrow of the Spirit speaks volumes to me. Though it took me some time, I was able to connect to this release as deeply as I was Pale Folklore and Pursuit of the Sun and Allure of the Earth (Woods of Ypres), which I cannot say about many albums. The Mantle is probably my most frequently listened and favorite of Agalloch. I like all of their work. I really liked the song they contributed to the Oak Folk compilation.

I've been listening to this a bit recently.

Hekel is an awesome and underrated band. A shame he's produced very little material aside from "De Dodenvaart". Insane vocals.

I agree. My friend introduced them to me. I have been going through a lot of music new to me lately. If I find anything else worth mentioning, I'll definitely post.

Could anyone list a few albums from this year or last that is worth listening to? I've only heard like Mgla (pure quality:guh:) and Burzum this year lol.