Black Metal.

As for Blood of Kingu, Sun In The House Of The Scorpion is great, and the first album is pretty good. Both worth your time. That dude does Hate Forest, too. Check that out, too. It's solid, if not a little boring.

Good to know. I've heard Hate Forest mentioned quite a bit but never checked them out. Should be worth my time I'm sure.

The last album from Summoning was excellent.

When the fuck will ColdWorld release his new album? He's been working on it for like 5 yrs.

stronghold was the last summoning album i truly appreciated. i like the recent ones, but minas morgul and dol guldur, and nightshade forests are supreme black metal.

caladan brood is good

this is my exact opinion, although i'm not as fond of MINAS MORGUL or NIGHTSHADE FORESTS as i am of DOL GULDUR. i mean none of their albums are terrible, but summoning have been coasting on their tired schtick for what seems like forever now. caladan brood are fine, nothing earth-shattering. and while i like that there's a half decent band with malazan lyrical themes, i don't think the music reflects the mood of erikson's books much at all.

that new absurd tune is decent enough btw

I'm listening to Abigor for the first time. This may take a few listens to form an opinion. It's raw, evil, the riffs are decent, but it feels lifeless and a little shallow. Maybe it's an attempt at minimalism but the riffs are intricate and interesting enough to negate need for a minimalist sound. I'll listen more and see if I'm missing something.

EDIT: I'm listening to Satanized. Are there better releases to check out? I don't hate this, but would like to see if there's better from them. Also, this drummer is a tad floppy in his playing. I chuckled a couple times.

In descending order:

Nachthymen
Opus IV
Supreme Immortal Art

Satanized was a pretty sloppy experimentation. Also check out the band Obtained Enslavement. They're of similar caliber and riff pretty hard.

In descending order:

Nachthymen
Opus IV
Supreme Immortal Art

No mention of Channeling the Quintessence of Satan? Weak.

When it comes to Abigor I only really listen to Verwüstung, Nachthymnen, and CtQoS.

Hey D_T, you might like their newest album. Its a beastly, more polished effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
In descending order:

Nachthymen
Opus IV
Supreme Immortal Art

Satanized was a pretty sloppy experimentation. Also check out the band Obtained Enslavement. They're of similar caliber and riff pretty hard.

I'm listening to Obtained Enslavement "Centuries of Sorrow" right now. So far I enjoy this. I've heard of them, and I know one or 2 of the dudes played in Gorgoroth, but I never bothered listening to them. I definitely like the riffing.

EDIT: This OE album is really, really good.

When the fuck will ColdWorld release his new album? He's been working on it for like 5 yrs.

New Coldworld was finished in June. I guess he is waiting until winter or something to release it.

New Darkspace out in a week and a half. Although its going to be called III I and not IV which is weird.

Man I haven't listened to Obtained Enslavement in a long time… I'll have to throw that on at some point tonight.

I'm currently searching for more atmospheric BM. Came across this band Kladovest and man they ooze atmosphere. Also, i think one of the members of Drudkh is in this band

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that Kladovest album quite a bit. Especially the track you posted.

Has anyone ever checked out Svartrit? There are full album uploads on youtube for I, II, & III. Seriously impressed with all of it. :kickass: