Black Metal.

So I was always under the impression that Behexen kind of sucked, but now that I'm hearing otherwise, would anyone mind illegally uploading one of their albums and sending it to me via PM? I already listened to the songs on myspace, but I'd like to hear what they can do for a full album before I can commit myself to putting out cash for generic black metal.

Am I the only one here who really likes every single album they've put out?

I enjoy all of them thoroughly except, for some odd reason, Pandemonic Incantations. I can't get into it for some reason. I haven't heard Thelema.6, either, but every other CD is great.

bluewizard said:
After listening to Nattens Madrigal

Fucking amazing album, right?

I know I've talked about them before but I am really liking Blutklinge. I have their demo Ahengeist downloaded and it's decent, but the tracks on their myspace from their new album sound fantastic. Unfortunately the label that released it is in China.

giantorkfist.gif

So I was always under the impression that Behexen kind of sucked, but now that I'm hearing otherwise, would anyone mind illegally uploading one of their albums and sending it to me via PM? I already listened to the songs on myspace, but I'd like to hear what they can do for a full album before I can commit myself to putting out cash for generic black metal.
You can find a lot of stuff with http://megadownload.net. Or you can use google and just type "band name blogspot" like "Limbonic Art blogspot" for example. (minus the quotations, of course)

At Hatebreeder: Yeah, it is an amazing album, my only wonder is if Bergtatt will top this CD, there's some great tremolo riffs going on, Garm's vocals seem quite unique on the album as well, too bad Garm and the rest of Ulver never made anymore black metal after this, what bands make similar music to Nattens Madrigal anyways?

So I was always under the impression that Behexen kind of sucked

They don't suck...... ok maybe their lyrics are stupid.... but the music is great.... it's a "beast" of a band imo.

on another note.... fans of Averse Sefira should check out a sample of their upcoming album: Descension

I know I've talked about them before but I am really liking Blutklinge. I have their demo Ahengeist downloaded and it's decent, but the tracks on their myspace from their new album sound fantastic. Unfortunately the label that released it is in China.

giantorkfist.gif

Yeah this totally blows. And of course no one wants to fucking distro Chinese commie shizz.

:(

They don't suck...... ok maybe their lyrics are stupid.... but the music is great.... it's a "beast" of a band imo.

on another note.... fans of Averse Sefira should check out a sample of their upcoming album: Descension
Very solid. The cover art is rather interesting.

cover_small.jpg

Mercyful Fate doesn't have anything to do with black metal..... same for King Diamond....... in my opinion.

I recently like a lot:
Tha-Norr: Wolfenzeitalter
I think the production could be better (i mean more effective, not more polished(!)).
The songs seem to "go somewhere" (fitting the lyrics or some internal musicsl storyline) and are atmospheric, engaging and nonboring.
Soundwise the album goes into the direction of Graveland, maybe also a bit of Emperor without the "symphonic" sound.

I also currently enjoy the two albums by Helrunar, but that is probably more because i am german and understand their lyrics, which are very good.
The music is simply a mixture of lots of Enslaved and a bit "standard black metal sound", which is nothing special, although i think they do it very well and succeed in creating atmosphere.

At the moment i am listening to "From the Pagan Vastlands" by Behemoth and i am wondering why this demo is so highly rated.
I really liked "and the forests dream eternally" and bought this one because people claim it would be the best black metal by behemoth.
But i think it stands atmospherically as well as from a purely musical view quite a bit behind "and the forests...".