Black Metal.

Some one post a list of good black metal that has come out this year. The only black metal album I've heard from 08 is Horn "Naturkraft" and it was decent.

Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax
Behexen - My Soul For His Glory
Darkspace - Dark Space III
I Shalt Become - Requiem
Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life
Mord - Necrosodomic Abyss
Veneficium - De Occulta Philosophia

Crap! I just found out that Kestmorg completely changed their style....this is really disappointing. They used to be great....:mad: It's like crappy video game music now, when they used to be progressive black metal.

:puke:

Electric fields, what the gay?

That's too bad, I never listened to Kestmorg, but prog-black is such a potentially cool style that I'm sad to hear they abandoned it. For my money, black metal these days is most interesting when you get some experimentation tossed into the mix, whether "progressive" or otherwise.

For ones who know Swedish - could you translate for me the intro-speech in Arckanum's song "Svarte" (Antikosmos)? I'm courious what he yells bout.

Im sorry but thats pretty hard to hear. They start each phrase with a norse god. Example: "Loki! Hail Loki!" and "Fenrer! Hail Fenrer!". Other norse gods/places mentioned are Hel and Jörmungander. He talk about these gods and their role in Ragnarök (also the last word he shouts). Ragnarök is "the powers (gods) darkness" and is the end of the world/beginning of a new world in old norse mythology.

The black metal culture tends to be dualist and norse religion really wasnt so my guess is that they interpret the old tradition in their own way to fit with the ideas of current black metal culture (i.e. two opposing forces where they tend to "root for" chaos and darkness - in old norse thinking chaos and darkness was the compliment of order and light - they werent ultimately at odds with eachother but part of the same thing).

Hope that helps.

Im sorry but thats pretty hard to hear. They start each phrase with a norse god. Example: "Loki! Hail Loki!" and "Fenrer! Hail Fenrer!". Other norse gods/places mentioned are Hel and Jörmungander. He talk about these gods and their role in Ragnarök (also the last word he shouts).
Cheers :kickass:

I'm getting more into Black Metal with Emperor. I know some people say they're overrated, so could you guys give me some stuff similar to them, but better?