Black Metal.

the new Fen album leaked. Pretty good atmospheric black/rock. The kvlt in me says this is total faggotry. but hahha this is a really good album for this kind of black metal. Much better than the EP.

Meh, listening to song 1 now, I'm a bit disappointed. It's a lot more conventional this time around, far "catchier" and bouncier in its rhythms.

EDIT- What the FUCK, why does this have a god damn Metallica-style guitar solo?

Yeah, it's weirdly happy sounding. Pretty cool imo. I can see why people would dislike it though. I'd say the song structure is incredibly acyclic though.

the new Fen album leaked. Pretty good atmospheric black/rock. The kvlt in me says this is total faggotry. but hahha this is a really good album for this kind of black metal. Much better than the EP.

I'm not sure if it's better than the EP, perhaps equal to it. Good album, it's very "airy" and loose, which is a nice change. The songs have a calming, soothing aspect to them. The album is a grower, as opposed to "a punch in the face" and more eclectic than I thought it would be.

I'll definitely be ordering my copy when Aural Music start pre-orders.

isnt there a new Belenos on the way?

Yes but this is all I see on their website from October:

October 2008:

- Next release will be the rerecording of sold out album "Errances Oniriques" (2001): new powerful sound, new artwork, lyrics translations and 2 unreleased songs ! coming spring 2009...

- The writing of a new album is almost finished...

I look forward to all of this.

Yeah, it's weirdly happy sounding. Pretty cool imo. I can see why people would dislike it though. I'd say the song structure is incredibly acyclic though.
Listening to it again, I realized the perfect compairson:

It's like Rush with a few vestiges of black metal.

Bleh.

Dodens has informed me that NWN will be releasing the first two Master's Hammer albums on vinyl next year...anybody with the slightest shred of dignity will pick these up

Kickass.

October 2008:

- Next release will be the rerecording of sold out album "Errances Oniriques" (2001): new powerful sound, new artwork, lyrics translations and 2 unreleased songs ! coming spring 2009...

- The writing of a new album is almost finished...

Interesting. I like Errances Oniriques the way it is.

While on the topic of Errances Oniriques, check out this old email from Loic in response to me asking about buying Belenos albums from him:

Hi
no problems for ordering all that stuff (in fact 5 albums), moreover you're
lucky 'cause it remains here the LAST copy of Errances Oniriques!
the other ones are still available
For all I demand 55 euro post paid, this price includes postage
I prefer to use payal, my account is: belenos.nord@wanadoo.fr

let me know as soon as possible
and thanks for your support

Last copy bitches.

I just wrote my second review ever. Kult Ofenzivy - Symfonie Oceli - 95%.

This is my try to express why is Kult Ofenzivy so manly and uncompromising: While drumming, yet it seems just like an underlayer for guitars and vocals, is creating a devilry atmosphere by going on like a berserk machine, without slow parts, without fucking mercy. It's raging blasts go on through whole record; that may sound like a letdown for someone but not in this case. Guitars play some oldschoolish blackmetal riffings in the veins of Transylvanian Hunger, symbiotically with vocals, that are carefully placed onto it creating a sound of fucking ultimate blackmetal blaspheming mass. The reason is the voice. It doesn't sound like it's mad, like it's frantic but (in an opposition to drums) it's calm, more like some kind of prophecy-saying. The lyrics are hatefully antichristian and complete the evilness of this whole thing. And hola, this shit doesn't stop, it just doesn't. It goes on and on until everything is said and complete. Last song is instrumental and it lets you think about what you've fucking heard just now. If you don't understand why your christian fucking life sucks then play it all over again. The ultimate fucking blackmetal mass will teach you!!!

the new song on their myspace is pretty good...I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out