Black Metal.

PLEASE DON'T. Even if you really like DCA this will be a major let-down. By all means get Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and/or Spiritual Black Dimensions instead. They are vastly superior to this late crap.

I could've sworn you said ISD was good a while back. Glad to see you've come to your senses. :)

Btw I listened to Aborym's Generator a few days ago, and it was pretty awesome. I would hesitate to call it "industrial black metal" since the industrial elements are really more on the side than an integral part of the sound, but it kicks ass nonetheless. Good riffs, good pace and good atmosphere.

Very nice, unknown and cookie. I don't have time to make a compilation but these are some of my favorite Industrial BM songs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bann - Æschatologia www.myspace.com/bannseite

German melancholic black metal. I loved the EP. And this new release just got me so impressed... It's sad, somewhat weird, melodic and... beautiful. Seriously, if you like violins and shit - it's for you.

Wasnt sure where else to put this, but anyone listen to older Moonspell? I really enjoy Night Eternal and they seem like a band where everything kicks ass. And I was browsing their site, they have a lot of albums, I kinda wanna get one soon.

I found what MasterofLightning had to say interesting and I'm surprised that some people's attention spans aren't long enough to read a longer than average paragraph of text. :confused:

However, books usually have something interesting to say. I doubt that many people here care enough about Xasthur to be willing to spend the time to read such an overlong statement about his new album.

Nice, a typical negative, annoying, snippy Omni post. Totally didn't expect that.

Anyway, I think it would have been easier to read if you had separated the sections of it in some way or used a serif fontface. :p

How special. I knew I could count on you for that.

I did not think so many (any) people would be utterly upset by 10-12 lines of text. I mean, if I were talking about different bands, then I would have broken it up. But it was about as coherent a thought as I could have put together at that hour with that much sleep and that many drinks in me. Gah.

And honestly, overlong Omni? I'd rather see posts with thoughts than "hai guyz, the new BAN r00ls!" which is basically what this thread was for about 3 weeks.

BEHEXEN - New Album Due In June

On June 12th, Finnish black metallers BEHEXEN will issue their new album, From The Devil´s Chalice, via Woodcut Records.

Tracklist:
'Canto I - Invocation Of Zabulus'
'Canto II - Melancholic Remembrances Of Dark Times'
'Canto III - From The Devils Chalice'
'Canto IV- Void...'
'Canto V - Holy Foul'
'Canto VI - Canticle (For Ye Lord)'

Wasnt sure where else to put this, but anyone listen to older Moonspell? I really enjoy Night Eternal and they seem like a band where everything kicks ass. And I was browsing their site, they have a lot of albums, I kinda wanna get one soon.

I would recommend you go for Wolfheart next. I also really enjoy Darkness and Hope which is a bit more relaxed and rock-ish. Memorial is also very good. Irreligious isn't a bad pick either.

However, I seem to recall not liking Sin/Pecado, The Butterfly Effect, or The Antidote that much.