Black Metal.

Inquisition has some of the best and most unique vocals in black metal. It suits the ritualistic feeling of the music perfectly if you ask me.

The vocals are evil and such but I wouldn't call it a great performance in that department. Great album though.

It's different and totally unlike most albums so you have to at least be awarding praise in that respect. I certainly would not be looking for vocals like this in every record that I listen to, but I think it fits the band well. Is there something particularly about the vocals that you are not behind?

I am in love with the new album but I own it on tape, could you possibly PM me a rip of the bounus disc? What else is on the bounus disc?
I don't upload albums, but I imagine if you dig a bit you can find it. It's not even expensive. I think $15.99 for 100+ minutes of music isn't that bad of a deal nowadays. It's got some unreleased/rehearsal tracks, covers, a song from a 7", and a rerecording. Metal Archives didn't really sum up the bonus content, iirc.

I will check out Forgotten Woods next time I'm at the store. Thanks for the tips.

Black Metal feels funny to me with all that "ooooooghhhhh we are very sataniccccccccccc" and the stupid makeup and nonsense lyrics. I like some songs, but not the genre definetely.

maybe because you haven't really looked that much into black metal.

Yeah, sorry if I sounded like an asshole that came these forums to insult BM and BM listeners. But what I wrote in my post is my real opinions. I rarely listen to black metal, and I don't like the black metal image with all that makeup, funny videoclips (check top 10 ridiculous black metal videos on youtube :D ) , and the satanic image just to be a satanist. Death Metal doesn't have that image, some bands use costumes with leather, chain and stuff if I remember right, but most of them are just guys with black t-shirts and jeans. I mean they are just people who are making music. Black Metal feels like an ideology for me, that is what I dislike. An ideology that forms its image with corpsepaint, satanist image and the overly exaggerated "We are too bloody satanic dudes" theme. Death Metal has that too, but not much posing going around there than BM.

Edit: Heh I'm indeed an Opeth fan. If a song is not an Opeth song, it gets hard to listen because you always expect for riff changes and clean-brutal transitions. That's the case for me at least :)

Just had to stop by and mention that:

1.Odal-'Sturmes Brut' is awesome.
2. I'm really pissed for not checking out Paragon Belial sooner. Amazing band.
3. Same for Necros Christos. Most evil thing this side of the 6th dimension...Teitanblood is up there too.

Yeah, sorry if I sounded like an asshole that came these forums to insult BM and BM listeners. But what I wrote in my post is my real opinions....

Then why did you post in this thread? Rather than naively thinking all black metal bands are "satanist" and whatever, try looking into the genre a bit more and see that more often than not, many of the bands are NOT satanic and are, instead, more nature or philosophically based.

also, only listening to Opeth and instantly disregarding other bands and forms of music is extremely close-minded and arrogant. There's a reason why Opeth fanboys get so much shit. Also, keep in mind that one of the band's roots is in black metal.

I suggest you look into bands like Primordial, Agalloch, Fen, and Drudkh.

Then why did you post in this thread? Rather than naively thinking all black metal bands are "satanist" and whatever, try looking into the genre a bit more and see that more often than not, many of the bands are NOT satanic and are, instead, more nature or philosophically based.

also, only listening to Opeth and instantly disregarding other bands and forms of music is extremely close-minded and arrogant. There's a reason why Opeth fanboys get so much shit. Also, keep in mind that one of the band's roots is in black metal.

I suggest you look into bands like Primordial, Agalloch, Fen, and Drudkh.

The Black Metal you speak of is interesting indeed. Again, I'm sorry if I insulted the genre and bands.

This is sounding good to me right now. It's interesting black metal with some weird feelings I don't know how to describe, except that even in the first track which is only a few minutes long, they managed to pack a lot of cool sections in. And the vocals are sort of weird. An echo-y yell of sorts. Maybe it sounds a little "depressive" at times, but it also seems to be able to rock out. Good stuff.