Black Metal.

Drudkh re-releases on SOM!
Season of Mist proudly announce that DRUDKH have entrusted them with re-releasing all of their glorious previous albums! In the planning is a careful and true to the original re-mastering, new artwork and a collector's box! More details to be revealed later!

what the fuck? this is def. a cash grab and fucking pointless.

I hear all the time that Drudkh's albums are easy to find, but ive searched for months (literally) to find a site that has them all in stock. can anyone tell me where there's a site that has all of drudkh's albums that can be shipped to the u.s. it would be greatly appreciated.

Die Toten Kehren Wieder mit dem Wind is excellent, everyone should get all his albums in some form (they're stupidly limited to a download is likely recommended in most cases, though I think I've seen one or two for sale in Euro distros before). Sounds like a catchier Burzum with similarly great ambient parts and some bouncier sections (major key riffs too, at times) plus great songwriting in general. Highly recommended to everyone. Myspace here

You sent me one of their albums awhile ago. I like it quite a bit so I second this rec. of yours. Everyone needs to hear this if they already haven't.

I recently checked out Tomhet's En Hiver. Really mediocre ambient black metal; and the levels are totally off. The distorted heavy parts are quieter than the soft ambient parts.

Thoughts from night two of Matchitehew Assembly:

Bone Awl stole the show. Just awesome. The only band to play an encore in the two days. Left everyone with very sore necks today, I imagine. Anyone with a chance to see this band should absolutely do so.

Maledicere was the biggest surprise. Despite being just a two-piece, and playing at about 8 pm, they ruled. They only have some tapes out there, but this is certainly a band to look out for. Kind of like Hate Forest, but benefited from a great drummer, and more rhythmic variation. The guitar tone was fantastic. Intense, aggressive black metal.

I felt pretty bad for Krieg. It was well after 2 am when they began their set, and a big chunk of the crowd had left after Bone Awl. It was very late, and those who did stay were either tired out from Bone Awl, or were just plain tired. They didn't take very much time to set up, understandably, and their sound was rather pedestrian and ordinary. Songs mainly came from the last two albums. It was not a real long set.

Apparently Rusted Shut, whoever that is, got into a fight amongst themselves. I wasn't real interested in whatever they were playing, or Air Conditioning, or Aborted Christ Childe. That was coffee break/social time for many. Some fight broke out outside, which was uncomfortable, since all sorts of things were going on that shouldn't have, and having the cops come by would have been rather bad.

Volahn and Ashdautus played back to back, and many people were not sure which band was which, since they shared a few band members. The latter band was pretty good. They had some DsO type dissonant stuff going on. These bands were 5th and 6th to last, and they each played about 40-45 minutes, which would explain why the event ran to 3.