Black Metal.

A message from Averse Sefira:

ATTENTION: To all weekenders, hipsters, novelty seekers, scenesters, and assorted parasites of the underground – we, the purveyors and fans of metal pre-1990 are taking back our music from you scum. It was never yours, you don't understand it, and we don't need your permission, approval, or support to continue. You idiots have done nothing but bastardize and trivialize it for almost a decade and we are sick of it. You allowed nu-metal and metalcore to happen. You allowed a cartoon band to release the “biggest selling death metal album of all time”. You take from us and offer nothing in return other than complaining and self-impressed criticism. The veterans are coming back in droves, and their music is not for you. Everything you think you know is once again irrelevant. You are irrelevant. Prepare to be marginalized like the non-people you are. Find a different genre to exercise your neuroses. There is no place for you at this table any longer. Fuck you. We're taking it back.

It's not like this is the first time there's been an explosion of "metal" anyway (the 80s glam scene comes to mind).

What is the point, then?

Oh, and lol @ Averse Sefira thinking they're relevant.

Signed, pre-1990 metalhead.

Do you actually know much about the band?

You would, mainly because you are hilariously over-serious about how metal must be pure and untainted. It is amusing to me.

I'm sorry that I don't treat everything in my life as mere entertainment and that the prospect of others viewing things in a different light is greatly disconcerting to you.

I'm sorry that I don't treat everything in my life as mere entertainment and that the prospect of others viewing things in a different light is greatly disconcerting to you.

:lol: you can't be serious. You're completely off the mark; what AS are spouting is whiny elitist bullshit, and they should get over themselves...you could learn something from that as well.

Yeah, but some people do see music as a "mere form of entertainment." Who cares? There doesn't need to be a militant uprising of dedicated old school metal fans in order to purge metal of the "oh so bothersome scenesters who don't get it."

*expects response along the lines of "you're missing the point"*