Black Metal.

A post like that AS one is just borderline nerdy imo. Nerdy like necrobutcher in that headbanger's journey interview looking like he got drunk for the first time in his life.

That post was nothing but a giant whine, if they hate the posers so much why don't they just ignore them (being the non-person peasants they are) instead of crying over the fact that they just don't seem to understand true black metal. They should drink some beers and get all necrobutcher on them and just say FUCK YOU and be done with it.

Ockham says (01:52):
*are they gonna stop releasing music
*that wuold be my suggestion
*what bm band is more scene than averse sefira
*nobody listens to them because of their music
*because thats quite bad
*shit novelty seekers
*i think they just told off their entire fanbase
*what other reason is there to listen to averse sefira

I'm not wasting my time responding to V5. ObscureInfinity, I'm pretty sure "I hate bands like Dethklok and Arsonists Get All The Girls just as much as the next person" is basically what they're saying in a very small way, so I'm not sure why what they said is so bothersome to you. The broader message to what they're saying, however, is simply an observation. They're just observing and commenting on the fact that the 'metal' that they identify with, have come to know and love, etc., seems to be undergoing a genuine resurgence, and are expressing their approval of that. And this goes to Crimson Velvet's point above. What they said is not about them. They're only a small part, in their own eyes I'm sure, about what this resurgence is about. I personally feel that they're one of the more important ones, but that's irrelevant to what they actually said. I'm not sure if you clicked the link, but their comment is preceded by youtube videos of new or live material from bands such as Beherit, Profanatica, Absu, and Blaspherian, so that should give a better perspective on what they were saying.

Wait, Beherit's new album is out? I really have been away from the internet for too long. Is it good?

At any rate, thanks for the clarification. It certainly makes them somewhat less... moronic, in my eyes, though I'll clearly have to investigate this new resurgence before I decide whether it's worth shedding my apathy over.

The thing that shits me the most is, when did "true metal" become like some 'master race', some clique or elite society you had to be born into? Were the guys from Averse Sefira listening to Celtic Frost when they were 12 years old? Did their mothers anoint them at birth in some secret Satanic ritual? I mean, God forbid some gateway bands exist and some of their fans spill over into sampling Beherit and Profanatica.

I like Black Metal, but mostly the old shit. Venom, Bathory, Mayhem, Burzum, Celtic Frost, Darkthrone, Emperor, Immortal, Enslaved, Gorgoroth, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Sodom, Mercyful Fate, Satyricon, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, ... Just to name a few of my favorites.

The thing that shits me the most is, when did "true metal" become like some 'master race', some clique or elite society you had to be born into? Were the guys from Averse Sefira listening to Celtic Frost when they were 12 years old? Did their mothers anoint them at birth in some secret Satanic ritual? I mean, God forbid some gateway bands exist and some of their fans spill over into sampling Beherit and Profanatica.

Anoint them at birth in some secret Satanic ritual.
:lol:

That statement on their blog is so "tryhard" like V5 said earlier. That band is so painfully pretentious. There's no problem about thinking your band is more true than others but is it not more true to mind your own business and concentrate on your band than bitching about the scene.

Wait, Beherit's new album is out? I really have been away from the internet for too long. Is it good?

Engram is not just good, it's great, and I would suggest that you spend your money on it.

I've always been a poser, I don't care what people think of my image, honestly. It's pissed off a couple of my bandmates when I've shown up to practice and the occasional show looking "less than metal". Lately I haven't really been out to impress anyone, and I'm growing incredibly tired of elitism in metal. It's counterproductive, in my opinion.

So I'm going to start talking about all my favorite Symphonic, Progressive, and Melodic BM bands in this thread because I honestly believe that they're the bands who are moving the genre forward, not all the rehashed Darkthrone worshipping bands that everyone seems to rave about. Though quite a few of them are talented groups of musicians.