Black Metal.

Weakling were amazing, totally unmatched at the time.

I'm actually liking the new Nokturnal Mortum a lot, dubious as I may feel about their stupid racial shit. I just like thinking of a bunch of dwarves hammering away at the forge and elves and Thor and epic fairytale stuff when I listen to their music.

I'm actually liking the new Nokturnal Mortum a lot, dubious as I may feel about their stupid racial shit. I just like thinking of a bunch of dwarves hammering away at the forge and elves and Thor and epic fairytale stuff when I listen to their music.

Hell yeah man, I think of dancing nymphs and frolicking satyrs when I listen to that shit, and then the heavier parts are like a mutha fuckin thunderstorm with lighting bolts flying horizontally and all that good shit

Alright, I'll give you that. The German and French bands are tough to compete with and it's difficult for me to pick a favorite scene, let alone a favorite band.

Ukraine is certainly up there with Germany and France for me

Yeah "Dead As Dreams" is TIGHT. Too bad it was the only thing they ever did. The title track is my favorite. There is a Wolves in the Throne Room song that sounds EXACTLY like it in the intro.

Unrelated to Weakling, how do people feel about atmospheric wizardy "snow" themed bands like Vordven, Sorcier des Glaces, Snowland etc? I find them the perfect soundtrack to a snowed-in evening.