busted

JayKeeley said:
Get out the country for a month (a week if you have to) and see how much better it is in countries that pay the SAME income tax %, particularly for middle to lower class residents. If you're rich, then it doesn't matter either way.
haha! i agree with you. but i don't know about this last statement. where exactly are you talking about? show me some numbers, GNP, gross income per capita, income tax rates, etc. and i'll believe you. i spent a week in Paris last year and it was expensive as fuck. seems to me, europeans spend every last goddam cent on housing and coffeeshops. i don't know what the health care or taxes are like, but i imagine NO ONE in Paris has any savings whatsoever.

then again, that's why Americans don't give a shit either. i happen to have some savings because i refuse to spend money i don't have on shit i don't need. your average american is exactly the opposite. so, if they don't have any money left over at the end of the month, why would they give a shit that health care and college tuition costs are mindblowing? that's my hypothesis anyway.

wanna see a revolution in america? wait until gas prices are at rest-of-world levels. i will laugh.

JayKeeley said:
How many times have you heard an American say this: "Why would I want to go over there? I've got everything I need right here".

Explain how this is bad?

I read all the rest of your post to of course, makes sense, but really when you think about it this quote isn't bad, or wrong.

dorian gray said:
haha! i agree with you. but i don't know about this last statement. where exactly are you talking about? show me some numbers, GNP, gross income per capita, income tax rates, etc. and i'll believe you.

The United Kingdom.

27% Income Tax, although 40% on anything earned over 100K (sterling).

Complete healthcare for every single resident (NHS).

Complete college tuition fees covered (4 years of university), including mandatory grants for living expenses, depending on how much your parents earn at the time.

Now, you'll get some people say that the NHS isn't all that, or college tuition fees aren't covered anymore -- now you have to pay the first 2K -- big whoopee do.

Depending on my grades, if I can go to Cambridge for 2K GB per year, or go to Yale for 40K US per year, then there's no decision to make.

i spent a week in Paris last year and it was expensive as fuck. seems to me, europeans spend every last goddam cent on housing and coffeeshops. i don't know what the health care or taxes are like, but i imagine NO ONE in Paris has any savings whatsoever.

Yes, Paris is digusting. :lol: I lived in London all my life, and went to Paris once. I mean, we would joke about needing a second mortgage just to buy a frickin' Pepsi.

then again, that's why Americans don't give a shit either. i happen to have some savings because i refuse to spend money i don't have on shit i don't need. your average american is exactly the opposite. so, if they don't have any money left over at the end of the month, why would they give a shit that health care and college tuition costs are mindblowing? that's my hypothesis anyway.

The concept of saving in the US is non-existent because you're ALWAYS IN DEBT TO BEGIN WITH!! You leave college with a $200K debt on your head, then you buy a 250K mortgage, so by the time you're 22, you could be in debt for half a million, easy.

wanna see a revolution in america? wait until gas prices are at rest-of-world levels. i will laugh.

No lie, I laugh hysterically when yanks complain about having to pay $2.00 to the gallon for petrol. I laugh laugh laugh until my Lexus RX-300 gas tank is full and overflowing with good ol' american gas.

Sure, the Brits might have college fees and NHS, but their petrol prices are through the roof. With that said, you have this thing called "public transport" in Europe so the need for a car is negligible. In America, you're lucky if you even get a sidewalk.

Marksveld said:
I can say the same for myself... my whole theory on drugs is to just use them with absolute responsibility. I refuse to take ANYTHING unless I am at my house late at night, or if I am at one specific friend's house. I won't smoke on the highway, I won't speed around like a freak while I'm carrying drugs (I avoid driving with them in the first place), and this way- it is virtually impossible to get yourself into some sort of trouble or to hurt another person!

Exactly. Ive never done a drug (besides marijuana) that I hadnt researched first. I almost always use in controlled enviorments, I know my limits and I know what my body can and cannot accept. If your speeding down an interstate keyed up with heroin laying in your backseat, you deserve to get caught.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Exactly. Ive never done a drug (besides marijuana) that I hadnt researched first. I almost always use in controlled enviorments, I know my limits and I know what my body can and cannot accept. If your speeding down an interstate keyed up with heroin laying in your backseat, you deserve to get caught.

You are definitely the kind of person that this world needs more of... and on the topic of research- I have a passion for studying drugs and learning about them. Every single substance (besides marijuana,yes) I've ever taken, I had spent close to 6 hours reading about. I have NO respect for the people that put stuff in their bodies without even knowing what they're doing.

KILL TULLY said:
Explain how this is bad?

I read all the rest of your post to of course, makes sense, but really when you think about it this quote isn't bad, or wrong.

OK. If you can't compare to anything else, then how do you know things can't be better?

JayKeeley said:
If you don't know any better, then you've got no complaint, right?

I'm just saying if they are happy with there life, they don't need anyone telling them "OH EM GEE YOUR ONLY HAPPY CUZ YOU DON"T KNOW ABOUT BLHALBHALBHA AND BLAHBLAHBLAH OVER IN BLAHBLAHBLAHBALH!!1one".

KILL TULLY said:
I'm just saying if they are happy with there life, they don't need anyone telling them "OH EM GEE YOUR ONLY HAPPY CUZ YOU DON"T KNOW ABOUT BLHALBHALBHA AND BLAHBLAHBLAH OVER IN BLAHBLAHBLAHBALH!!1one".

I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I guess there ARE people who don't appreciate having to pay exorbitant amounts for healthcare, college fees, etc. I guess that's where I thought this thread was going. :loco:

You're exempt though because you're rich. :p

JayKeeley said:
I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I guess there ARE people who don't appreciate having to pay exorbitant amounts for healthcare, college fees, etc. I guess that's where I thought this thread was going. :loco:

You're exempt though because you're rich. :p

Haha, well all that other stuff is true, just saying i don't wanna tell somone there not happy when they are telling me they are happy =)

And yea, im rich as fukk.

KILL TULLY said:
Haha, well all that other stuff is true, just saying i don't wanna tell somone there not happy when they are telling me they are happy =)

Well, in fairness to me, I quoted dorian gray and replied to his points, not yours. But I am glad you're happy. :)

And yea, im rich as fukk.

Yes, I know. I can tell from the chicks you hang out with. :D

My tuition fees from the time I applied to the time I got here multiplied by 6.... thank god it's a two year program. i'll only be about 20-30k in debt!

JayKeeley said:
Well, in fairness to me, I quoted dorian gray and replied to his points, not yours. But I am glad you're happy. :)

And all your points where right on the money homie. gimmee and iFive

JayKeeley said:
Yes, I know. I can tell from the chicks you hang out with. :D

Haha, yea, THEY are rich, they're my sugah mommazzzz. :p:p

J. said:
to be able to walk down the street while smoking a doob?

i did this a few weeks ago and it worked fine, it was on the way to see the new Star Wars movie and we didn't have time to smoke it before we left! :loco: