Classic rock music!

When I state an opinion I present it as such, when I refer to history or facts, they are what they are. In this case you are struggling so hard with there is no correct answer and any opinion is bogus. Even Matts statements about highest grossing tours for two various years proves this as Alice is a bit of a shocker or at least not who would be the first to come to mind and the other year I forget but was a entirely different kind of music. Still then highest grossing tours means nothing other than to indicate who toured their ass off for that given year... the album might have been released the previous year... then there is still 9 other years in the decade. The 70's varied extremely from 71-79 and no boys... it werent all pretty... Muskrat Love... Tie a Yellow Ribbon... Night Fever... YMCA... PUNK... I wanna rock and roll all day and party everynight(just keep repeating for 3 minutes)... Cold as Ice... Put another Dime in the Jukebox baby... no not pretty at all.

alot of bands tour their ass off but still do not outdo another band who doesn't tour as much... so imo tour earnings usually are a good indication of who the public wants to see more and earn more... but anyways one thing we established you cannot answer a simple question unless you come up with the question or it has to be scientifically researched for you to come up with an answer... whether the opinion is correct or bogus is irrevelant.. it is just to see people's different views of which band was the biggest and why... nothing else... but you have to make it difficult as usual and make a study out of it... like i said one time if we said something is red your the one to say what kind of red? etc. anyways perhaps now i know why people rarely reply to your posts... because you take the fun out of a discussion...

As for the songs and such you named at the end of your post... i agree with you with the exception of punk... Punk is a great genre and it's sad you do not understand it or appreciate it... but i will say I hate hearing Cold as Ice on classic rock stations.. hate that song... nothing classic about it...

Cold as Ice was emmensly popular, Foreighner was but they were aweful, just listen to the bass and drum tracks to most songs... steady 1/4 notes, used to make me feel sick, they were on the jukebox's non-stop, must have been the whitest band ever, a rhythmic disgrace.

I fully understand punk, thats why I dont like it, much of what I said about Foreighner also applies to Punk... total retard music. I am by no means a good guitar player but I do have rhythm, depth and a standard of taste.

So being as the MODERATORS ! dont have the BALLS... let me ask you, whats with all the personal attacks and paragraphs of personally appointed evaluation of who I am ? I didnt think that was what this forum or any of its type was about. Seems to be an obsession of yours and I can only wonder why... for a second or two. Anyone not responding to my posts either has nothing to add or the inability to challange if they had one. Its that simple to me.

Is anyone aware how HUGE Fleetwood Mac was in the 70's ? I think Rumors has one of the highest ranking album sales, which throws a loop in the idea that highest grossing tour has relevence. They may have come close in that department too but who knows. If one bands tour grossed $1000 more than anothers it hardly makes the other bands tour insignificant.

Cold as Ice was emmensly popular, Foreighner was but they were aweful, just listen to the bass and drum tracks to most songs... steady 1/4 notes, used to make me feel sick, they were on the jukebox's non-stop, must have been the whitest band ever, a rhythmic disgrace.
We'll I don't dislike it because of steady 1/4 notes. I just hate the song... hate the chorus, melody etc... just a sucky song... they play here and there in NY area classic station.. i always turn it off or to another station when it comes on...

I fully understand punk, thats why I dont like it, much of what I said about Foreighner also applies to Punk... total retard music. I am by no means a good guitar player but I do have rhythm, depth and a standard of taste.
Tell us what you do know of Punk rock and which bands/albums/songs you have heard from past and present? No cheating and going to youtube or wiki.

So being as the MODERATORS ! dont have the BALLS... let me ask you, whats with all the personal attacks and paragraphs of personally appointed evaluation of who I am ? I didnt think that was what this forum or any of its type was about. Seems to be an obsession of yours and I can only wonder why... for a second or two. Anyone not responding to my posts either has nothing to add or the inability to challange if they had one. Its that simple to me.
It's only personal if you take it personally. I see nothing personal in my original replies/posts to you. It's later that things may get personal because of your belligerence. So lighten up and stop taking it personal because it's not.

Is anyone aware how HUGE Fleetwood Mac was in the 70's ? I think Rumors has one of the highest ranking album sales, which throws a loop in the idea that highest grossing tour has relevence. They may have come close in that department too but who knows. If one bands tour grossed $1000 more than anothers it hardly makes the other bands tour insignificant.
I'll take your answer as Fleetwood Mac. A good answer and I should of thought of them as well but I'll still go with Zep or Floyd. But you are right Mac was huge then. See, wasn't difficult to give us one band. :)

Oh fucking bullshit, a paragraph every post all about whats wrong with me... Fuck You!

I know what Punk was in the mid 70's I didnt like it one bit, what more do I need to know... and thats not a question

Pay attention to any number of Foreighner songs and... well its some really bad rhythmic horseshit.

Does anybody realize how HUGE Bruce Springsteen was in the 70 ?

Oh fucking bullshit, a paragraph every post all about whats wrong with me... Fuck You!
Sonny: You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.:)

I know what Punk was in the mid 70's I didnt like it one bit, what more do I need to know... and thats not a question
Ya, what I thought. You know nothing about it or your knowledge is very limited. And yes it was a question.

Pay attention to any number of Foreighner songs and... well its some really bad rhythmic horseshit.
Only song I ever liked by them was I want to know What Love is... but not as a rock song.. just a regular commercial song...

Does anybody realize how HUGE Bruce Springsteen was in the 70 ?
I don't think he was as huge as the others we mentioned... his career was in it's infancy at the time... but he was big nonetheless...

Btw on the topic of Zep:

1. You stated you thought their last 2 albums sucked. I personally liked In Through the Outdoor and think it is very underrated. Coda I'm blah about.

2. One reason I considered them the biggest band of the 70's is because of two attendance records they broke and set surpassing the Beatles record and even the Stones couldn't do:

a) 56,800 fans in Florida concert during the 1973 tour and 76,229 at a concert during their 1977 tour. Both were records for a single concert act.

b) First band to demand and get 90% of the gate money for their concerts...

If they weren't the biggest band of the 70's they wouldn't have been able to do such things including up to this day of selling over 200 million records worldwide... but anyways that is why I think they and/or Floyd for other reasons were THE biggest bands of the 70's....

Fucking bullshit, dont start about what Im supposed to take serious and sit there and say you were just having fun and jokeing. Every conversation I have ever tried to have with you immeadiately turns to all about whats wrong with me and personal attacks and the fucking moderators sit there and let you do it post after post after post. You poped up last week, singled out 6 posts I made, a few were drug up from the dead just to do so. Then you took points I made and twisted them into epic proportions for the obvious purpose of personally attacking me, paragraph after paragraph all about whats wrong with me. You remind me of little teenage bitches. I had this wacked girlfriend once, she spent all her time downing other people, twisting everything they said and always talking about what was wrong with them twisting and turning everything into epic porportions, just like you do. It turned out she was legitimately wacked, had chemical inbalances and has needed to be on medication the past 25 years, I have no doubt this it what your issue is. The moderator from another forum dropped me a message about you a good while back and wastes no time pulling you to the curb when you start your shit there.

Sonny: You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.:)

Ya, what I thought. You know nothing about it or your knowledge is very limited. And yes it was a question.

Only song I ever liked by them was I want to know What Love is... but not as a rock song.. just a regular commercial song...

I don't think he was as huge as the others we mentioned... his career was in it's infancy at the time... but he was big nonetheless...

Btw on the topic of Zep:

1. You stated you thought their last 2 albums sucked. I personally liked In Through the Outdoor and think it is very underrated. Coda I'm blah about.

2. One reason I considered them the biggest band of the 70's is because of two attendance records they broke and set surpassing the Beatles record and even the Stones couldn't do:

a) 56,800 fans in Florida concert during the 1973 tour and 76,229 at a concert during their 1977 tour. Both were records for a single concert act.

b) First band to demand and get 90% of the gate money for their concerts...

If they weren't the biggest band of the 70's they wouldn't have been able to do such things including up to this day of selling over 200 million records worldwide... but anyways that is why I think they and/or Floyd for other reasons were THE biggest bands of the 70's....

didn't grand funk railroad also break some beatles concert records?

Fucking bullshit, dont start about what Im supposed to take serious and sit there and say you were just having fun and jokeing. Every conversation I have ever tried to have with you immeadiately turns to all about whats wrong with me and personal attacks and the fucking moderators sit there and let you do it post after post after post. You poped up last week, singled out 6 posts I made, a few were drug up from the dead just to do so. Then you took points I made and twisted them into epic proportions for the obvious purpose of personally attacking me, paragraph after paragraph all about whats wrong with me. You remind me of little teenage bitches. I had this wacked girlfriend once, she spent all her time downing other people, twisting everything they said and always talking about what was wrong with them twisting and turning everything into epic porportions, just like you do. It turned out she was legitimately wacked, had chemical inbalances and has needed to be on medication the past 25 years, I have no doubt this it what your issue is. The moderator from another forum dropped me a message about you a good while back and wastes no time pulling you to the curb when you start your shit there.
Wow, someone is paranoid and thinks people are after him lol You bipolar? perhaps. You say I'm like a little teenage bitch but just listen to your rant. You sound like a little whiny bitch :lol: Mod from another forum? Do tell. Old School? Doubt it. I'm friends with that Mod. Even hanged out with him. Mod from General Metal Forum? Doubt it. I'm rarely there and have you noticed all they do in that forum is fight? I would fit right in don't you think. But like I said I'm rarely there.

I never been "pulled to the curb" in any other forum except one time in this forum by Satanstoe. In fact he pulled both you and me to the curb little man :p Not just me. I joke around with you and you lose it. Quite funny actually. Then you call me whacked lol...

So please, do tell us which forum? Since you are so "in" with the Mods that they would actually waste their time to PM you about dear old me. Your a legend in your own mind thinking you are liked on this site. One popular board member said to me I shouldn't waste my time with a attention whore like you. :Smug: Perhaps he is right. Such a crybaby. :cry: Wants a Mod to spank me for teasing him. Sounds like Jerry Falwell suing Larry Flynt for hurting his feelings :lol: So like i said:

Sonny: You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal.

Your old enough to know what movie that is from...

didn't grand funk railroad also break some beatles concert records?
Broke one according to Wiki but it doesn't say what the #'s were:

By 1971, Grand Funk broke The Beatles' Shea Stadium attendance record by selling out in just 72 hours.[1]

I wonder why GFR was disliked by the critics of the day. Another huge star though really for only one album was Peter Frampton.

Broke one according to Wiki but it doesn't say what the #'s were:

By 1971, Grand Funk broke The Beatles' Shea Stadium attendance record by selling out in just 72 hours.[1]

I wonder why GFR was disliked by the critics of the day. Another huge star though really for only one album was Peter Frampton.

GFR was one of the best american rock bands of the late 60's/early 70's

The success of The Beatles concerts made Shea an extremely attractive venue to rock-n-roll groups. In August, 1970, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix visited Shea during the Summer Festival for Peace. The following July, Grand Funk Railroad played at Shea. Jethro Tull belted out songs at Shea on July 23, 1976, The Who performed two days (October 12-13) in 1982 and Simon & Garfunkel graced Shea on August 6, 1983. The Police took to Shea's stage in August 18, 1983 just before the group was slowly set to go their separate ways.

"During the performance I thought, 'This is it, you can't do any better than this,' said Police frontman Sting. 'That's the point I decided to stop.'"

The Rolling Stones performed six times at Shea in October, 1989. Elton John and Eric Clapton combined to put on two shows on August 21-22, 1992. Nearly 14 years later, in October of 2003, rock-and-roll returned to Shea when Bruce Springsteen closed his world tour by playing three dates at Shea.

That is the history of bands that have played at Shea Stadium.

GFR was one of the best american rock bands of the late 60's/early 70's

They were big, concerts, charting singles, charting albums, about thier only song I was sick of along time ago, good as it was till the radio killed it... Were an American Band was a good autobigraphy of themselves as well as band life at the time.

I guess alot of their old school fans were displeased with their change in sound come the Pheonix album but the later period has some of my favorites. Their earlier music was more simple repetitive progressions with long live jams and they kicked it live for those days, people loved going to see them, they had writeups just about every month in the mags. I never had the opportunity.

Great GR songs for me are Flight of the Pheonix, Foot Stoompin music, Black Licorice, Freedom is for Children, The Railroad... I love em still.

He wasnt always dead on but I always liked Mark Farners voice, great tone, decent expression, lots of power, some grit.

Does anybody realize how big Bob Seager was in the 70's ?

What would you say is the top 10 most popular rock bands for every decade.I will do a list like this later.

lord what a question. i'll just try and list the 10 most popular rock/hard rock bands of every decade starting with the 60's. these are just numbered and not ranked.
60's:
1 rolling stones
2 beatles
3 the who
4 the kinks
5 cream
6 jimi hendrix experience
7 the animals
8 traffic
9 beach boys
10 CCR

70's
1 the who
2 rolling stones
3 black sabbath
4 crosby,stills nash (and young)
5 led zeppelin
6 the eagles
7 fleetwood mac
8 styx
9 van halen
10 grand funk railroad

80's
1 def leppard
2 bon jovi
3 van halen
4 fleewtood mac
5 zz top
6 the police
7 guns n roses
8 rush
9 journey
10 foreigner

90's
1 pearl jam
2 metallica
3 megadeth
4 STP
5 smashing pumpkins
6 black crowes
7 hootie and the blowfish
8 nirvana
9 queensryche
10 soundgarden

thats a guess though so i have no real clue how close that is. i wish i could put the band love/hate in the 90's. man they deserved to be huge