Classic rock music!

I always thought they were the same person... LOL

I thought the Nirvana steeling issue was debunked ?

I prefer Prince over MJ. But thats just me.

me too. michael jackson made then same album over and over again. once the guys who jackson paid off to write his songs and give him credit stopped doing that after dangerous he had 2 albums of new material in the last 15 years of his life

I like a few MJ songs. I personally wouldn't plan on sitting through a whole album though. I mean the guy is an inspiration but his song writing is just... Well... Kind of lame for the most part.

I like a few MJ songs. I personally wouldn't plan on sitting through a whole album though. I mean the guy is an inspiration but his song writing is just... Well... Kind of lame for the most part.

its simple though. jackson is an entertainer and prince is a musician

Ya know, I think you nailed it when you said Nickleback. As far as rock radio goes they have been consistantly on the charts compared to any other band I can currently think of. I'm totally clueless as to whats been going on in pop radio, maybe a few of those female vocalists or rap people.

If Heart was blah, wheres that leave Nirvana :erk:
alot better then Heart... about the only thing I liked of Heart and it was their most commercial imo was their S/T album...

All the old rock bands used and borrowed from old blues songs, failed to give correct writing credits, failed to mention studio musician that actually played certain parts, most having to do with others in the business than the musicians themselves.
I would say Zep was outright guilty of it (and it wasn't "borrowing") with Babe I'm Going to Leave You, Dazed/Confused, as well as lyrical content on Whole Lotta Love, Boogie with Stu, Lemon Song etc.. Don't get me wrong, I love Zep but not all of their early stuff was original.

It seems Nickleback DID make quite a successful go at the 2000's... cry all you want
You know about the 2000's about as much as I do except that I admit it and don't name a band like you...

You are about Nirvana not having many albums.Who would you say is the most popular band from the 00s?
I'm totally ignorant of the 2000's because other then Metal I really don't like any so call rock bands of the 2000's except U2...

Britney Spears or one of those boy bands UFMH auditioned for but didnt get the part because he had a squeaky little bitch voice and got the lyrics to the songs wrong... EVERYTIME

:lol:
Dude, seriously that wasn't funny. And I'm not saying that because you are trying to insult me. You just aren't funny at all whether I'm your target or someone else is.

Your like a hemorroid who I strangle to cut the blood circulation so you will wither and die but too much air is stuck in your head so you still breathe... o_O

Ya know, I think you nailed it when you said Nickleback. As far as rock radio goes they have been consistantly on the charts compared to any other band I can currently think of. I'm totally clueless as to whats been going on in pop radio, maybe a few of those female vocalists or rap people.
We'll according to Wiki , and they didn't show a list, Nickleback was ranked 11th of best selling acts of 2000's and 2nd for foreign act in the U.S. behind the Beatles...

If I had to say most popular music in the 00s,I would say some rappers like 50 Cent,Eminem,Jay-Z,Kanye West,and Lil Wayne would be the most popular.
Probably right. Ain't it sad about the state of rock music in the 2000's?

I think music taste has diversified more and "rock" is not the primary popular music with more and more young people listening to rap and country.

I think rock has been alright in this decade but it is also more diluted with bands and increasingly harder to be origional

We'll according to Wiki , and they didn't show a list, Nickleback was ranked 11th of best selling acts of 2000's and 2nd for foreign act in the U.S. behind the Beatles...

Not sure what you are saying here ? Sounds like it doesnt apply to what I said about rock radio but more the diversified listening interests at this time.

alot better then Heart... about the only thing I liked of Heart and it was their most commercial imo was their S/T album...

But this is a opinion where as before you said Heart WAS blah which implys a fact that has no bearing on the truth

I would say Zep was outright guilty of it (and it wasn't "borrowing") with Babe I'm Going to Leave You, Dazed/Confused, as well as lyrical content on Whole Lotta Love, Boogie with Stu, Lemon Song etc.. Don't get me wrong, I love Zep but not all of their early stuff was original.

Dixon was credited on ST but few were later. What was origional was they way they did the music, like Bring it on Home for example. Begins as the origional song but goes into something unrelated musically, they did take full credit for songs they did this with which was not right. But as I said this failure to credit old blues artists was common since RnR's inception and I believe it was more in the hands of record labels, managers and promoters. I believe they had a few different "reasons" for doing this but all evolved around promotion.

You know about the 2000's about as much as I do except that I admit it and don't name a band like you...

Why the little tantrum ? Are you denying that Nickleback did not have a good career the past years ?

Dude, seriously that wasn't funny. And I'm not saying that because you are trying to insult me. You just aren't funny at all whether I'm your target or someone else is.

Wasnt intended to be funny.

Your like a hemorroid who I strangle to cut the blood circulation so you will wither and die but too much air is stuck in your head so you still breathe...

Your efforts fail here due to the weak grip of a drama queen.

I think music taste has diversified more and "rock" is not the primary popular music with more and more young people listening to rap and country.
Rap yes, country i wouldn't say it was. I think older crowd listened to it more then younger. (older: 30 yrs +). But you are correct about rock not being the primary popular music. Just watch MTV to see that.

Not sure what you are saying here ? Sounds like it doesnt apply to what I said about rock radio but more the diversified listening interests at this time.
Of course it applies since popular radio and album sales usually go hand in hand.

But this is a opinion where as before you said Heart WAS blah which implys a fact that has no bearing on the truth
Never said it was not an opinion or that it was a fact. Obviously it's an opinion.

Dixon was credited on ST but few were later. What was origional was they way they did the music, like Bring it on Home for example. Begins as the origional song but goes into something unrelated musically, they did take full credit for songs they did this with which was not right. But as I said this failure to credit old blues artists was common since RnR's inception and I believe it was more in the hands of record labels, managers and promoters. I believe they had a few different "reasons" for doing this but all evolved around promotion.
They should give the credit if they use word for word or note for note. Even if it's only a small segment of a song. As it being by the labels, managers and promoters, I think Page didn't deny what he did. He only tried to get away with it:

"In an interview he gave to Guitar World magazine in 1993, Page commented on the band's use of classic blues songs:

[A]s far as my end of it goes, I always tried to bring something fresh to anything that I used. I always made sure to come up with some variation. In fact, I think in most cases, you would never know what the original source could be. Maybe not in every case -- but in most cases. So most of the comparisons rest on the lyrics. And Robert was supposed to change the lyrics, and he didn't always do that -- which is what brought on most of the grief. They couldn't get us on the guitar parts of the music, but they nailed us on the lyrics. We did, however, take some liberties, I must say [laughs]. But never mind; we did try to do the right thing"

Right thing? Only when they were getting sued.

Why the little tantrum ? Are you denying that Nickleback did not have a good career the past years ?
Nope, never denied it. I did say they were the 11th best selling group of the 90's.

Wasnt intended to be funny.
Obviously if you were laughing at it then you were. Failed. :Smug:

Your efforts fail here due to the weak grip of a drama queen.
Only drama queen is you, Grandpa. :)